This Is Going To Sound Like A Dumb Question, But...

Decorating By dcabrera Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 11:09am by deliciously_decadent

dcabrera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcabrera Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 5:55am
post #1 of 4

How do I attach a number 1 (made out of gumpaste and fondant) to the top of my cake. What do I use to stick it in?

3 replies
Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:05am
post #2 of 4

If your number is already made and dried then you can attach a popcicle stick on the backside using royal icing. Let it dry and then push it into the cake.

Sugarchic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarchic Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:08am
post #3 of 4

As soon as you cut it out stick a toothpick or a thick gauge floral wire in it and let it dry. IF its already dry try using royaling that might help.

Blanca

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 11:09am
post #4 of 4

the best way to attach fondant/gumpaste decorations to wire so that they DON'T fall of or slip is to wait until they have dried then take your wire and a lighter and hold the end of your wire over the flame until it blackens slightly and insert in the fondant'gumpaste. the heat from the wire melts the fondant/gumpaste allowing the wire to slide in but then when it cool the melted fondant/gumpaste acts as a super glue holding it in place, it works heaps better than inserting when soft as this generally causes a whole bigger than the wire causing it to either spin on the wire or fall off all together. i use this method for wiring all my flowers too but hook the end and give a twist to 'hook' them in

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%