Sps Oh How I Love You....but

Decorating By jessieb578 Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 1:16pm by karensue

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 5:25am
post #1 of 5

Holy COW is my cake heavy ! icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gificon_surprised.gif

So I used the SPS system today for the first time, I haven't transported it yet, but with many trips from the refrigerator to my island and not a single budge, I'm hoping that is a good sign for tomorrow.

I have a 4 tier 6,8,10,12 square cake, but the 8,10,12 is so darn heavy, I don't think I can carry it with the 6 on top. That's quite ok, I'm happy with transporting the top tier and then placing it on top when I get there. I just never realized how heavy the final product really is.

For all of you that use either the SPS, or SFS and transport completed cakes, do you have super muscles icon_eek.gif or a secret trick to transporting the cakes??

P.S. Thank you leahs for all of your help, from what I can see so far (knock on wood) it's going to change my world of cake making forever! Big thanks to you thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 7:50am
post #2 of 5

Super muscles icon_smile.gif I can carry about 200 (wilton) servings by myself.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 11:16am
post #3 of 5

That's why I always say, "you can stack and transport as much as you can lift." I generally only take two tiers stacked any more. DH has a bad back and I'm not super strong.

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 12:47pm
post #4 of 5

Ha! I got so carried away with stacking that I forgot about the lifting! Oh well, I'll finish when I get there, unless I can borrow some muscles before them....the boyfriend is working icon_sad.gif

karensue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensue Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:16pm
post #5 of 5

I always have to have someone "lifting" with me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%