Where Do You Get Character Figures?

Decorating By kcw551 Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 12:05pm by kcw551

kcw551 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcw551 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 3:56am
post #1 of 6

It seems like most of the cakes I get requests for have a character theme and I see all these great cakes with the figurines on them here at CC. But where do you get them? There are the Disney princesses, Dora the Explorer, Winnie the Pooh, Hello Kitty. Where do I need to go to purchase them? Sometimes I just need a quick cake and I don't have time to do the figures myself. Any help would be greatly apppreciated! Thanks!

5 replies
varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 4:17am
post #2 of 6

Wilton has a lot of character pans. You can get them at AC Moore, Joann Fabrics, or anywhere else that has Wilton products, including the Wilton online store.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 4:17am
post #3 of 6

Sorry I can't help you, I make all my figures myself.

cakekrayzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakekrayzie Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 4:30am
post #4 of 6

hi, I do my fair share of character cakes and i get mine from my local Wal-Mart bakeries, i just ask if they can sell me the character, some bakeries won't so its safer to call and ask but most do in my area at least, and if i can't find what i am looking for i go to my local toy store, and they usually have figures under 5$ that work. hope this helps

amazinggracecakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amazinggracecakedesigns Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 4:30am
post #5 of 6

I buy most of my toppers from a local party store. Alot of the character toppers you can purchase from Deco Pac & Bakery Crafts. I also buy some of the toppers from Kroger & Wal-Mart, if I have an unexpected cake order. They will sell you the cake kit, at least where I live. I have also purchased things at the Dollar Tree that are characters like Disney Princess, Strawberry Shortcake, Winnie the Pooh and etc. Try looking around. Anything can be added to a cake!! thumbs_up.gif

kcw551 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcw551 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 12:05pm
post #6 of 6

It seems like I spend alot of time looking around for these and when I did find them in a grocery store they wouldn't sell me any. (wanted me to buy the cake) When I did the Sponge Bob cake I couldn't find any figurine besides the Spongebob candle. I do try to make my own when I can, but working a full time job and the 2 hour drive to work and back really cuts into my days that I want to spend working on cakes. Sometimes you just have to go the easy route. Thanks for your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%