Gumpaste Grapes

Decorating By coldtropics Updated 9 Aug 2008 , 3:17am by KoryAK

coldtropics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coldtropics Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:33am
post #1 of 7

Anyone know where i can find... gumpaste grapes at a reasonable price? thanks in advance.

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:57am
post #2 of 7

It is not hard to make them yourself.
Just sit in front of the t.v. and take small (1/2 to 1 teaspoon; marble size) pieces of fondant or gumpaste and roll them; some can be totally round; some oval depending on the grape.
Some people have used gumballs or malted milk balls instead but to me these are big. Depends on the swize of the cake you are making th em for.

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:17am
post #3 of 7

I agree with kakeladi these are totally simple to make and cheaper but I am sorry as I have no idea where to buy them, google!

coldtropics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coldtropics Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:25am
post #4 of 7

ok... so i figure i can make balls... but how do you cluster them into grapes? Do you gather wire together and just plop em on? thanks again

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 2:07am
post #5 of 7

If they were for laying flat then just stick them together in a cluster shape without wire but for hanging grapes like the way they appear on the vine then you would need to wire them, sorry no idea how but a little styrofoam cone might be a help maybe?

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 2:08am
post #6 of 7

IF you really want to buy them, I think Cal Java has good prices and good grapes...

Jen icon_smile.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 3:17am
post #7 of 7

They're a PIA to make as nicely as you can buy them. I guess my stuff from unitedsugardesigns.com. They will send you out a misc sample box too. Their stuff is really high quality and the couple of times I have had breakage during shipment they re-sent the items free of charge. And again when THAT box came in bad! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%