Help!!! I Need To Save My Buttercream Drop Flowers

Decorating By kutabby Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 3:44am by kutabby

kutabby Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 5

I did a couple hundred drop flowers on Sunday and stuck them in the freezer. Well, I wanted to start assembling the cake and tried to pick up the first flower. It melted in my hand!!! It wasn't set up at all!!! So, now I have them in the fridge. Is this going to work? Basically I'm just covering a cake w/ them - luckily just a practice cake. It's a crusting buttercream.
How do you suggest I do this in the future??? Thanks!
Tabby

4 replies
JoAnnB Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 5

you can dry them. Take them out of the freezer and let a slow fan blow near or over them (depends on how stuck they are so they don't blow away)

They will crust up, making them easier to use.

TexasSugar Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 5

Air dry them. When you freeze them they thaw so fast that it is hard to move them. If you let them air dry you will be able to pick them up and handle them, but they are still soft enough to bite into.

indydebi Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 11:59pm
post #4 of 5

Definitely air dry. It's just logical that anything put in a freezer will start to melt when moved to a warmer environment. That's why you don't have much time to get the FBCT on a cake.

kutabby Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 3:44am
post #5 of 5

I originally wanted to air dry them, but I was worried about the fact that it had butter in it. What are the rules on refrigeration?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%