Skateboard Cake

Decorating By smartsexystylish Updated 9 Aug 2008 , 6:12am by Cyndi1207

smartsexystylish Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 8

Hi There fellow CC'ers!!

I have searched many topic on skateboard cakes on these forums but I cannot come up with any ways to create the cake. I have seen ideas and photos but I need more direction than simply looking at a picture. (Still a super newb! And this will be my first shaped cake!!! So exciting!)

Any ideas, suggestions, tips (ANYTHING!!!) would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Dee icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
gramofgwen Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 8

I did one using the long loaf pan. I made it an upsidedown version, so I carved the ends a little. I used Oreos for the wheels and molded fondant axles, which I painted with silver luster dust. I made the decal from fondant, which I detailed with edible markers. Here's the link:

http://cakes.dqd.com/Birthdays_web/images/Skateboard%20cake.jpg

melvin01 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 9:08pm
post #3 of 8

I saw one once that I used a similar idea on.

Make the cake in the shape of a skateboard, then have the wheels on top (like it's upside down). I used the small donuts for wheels and the pirouettes for the axles. Then you can do whatever design you want on the board, the more crazy and colorful, the better.

Here is a link to the website I saw it on:
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50197

2txmedics Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 8

I just posted looking for a tony hawk design cake...for next month...like the idea on that link where you use round and 9x13 pan...but would like a tony hawk layout...any ideas??? I dont work with fondant we fight...lol

smartsexystylish Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 8:43pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks so much for the thoughts and ideas!
My client would like an upside down skateboard. I also saw someone's picture that they built right on top of an actual skateboard! Too cool! It would double as a gift and cake! Maybe for my next skateboard cake I'll get to do that (Plus it seems like it would be 100 times easier!)

Thanks again!!

Mencked Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 8:59pm
post #6 of 8

I did that family fun one--super easy! All BC it's in my photos!

Cyndi1207 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 9:00pm
post #7 of 8

Here's one that i made a a few years ago and I also did it upside down.
LL

Cyndi1207 Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 6:12am
post #8 of 8

Oops......I see my photo got deleted. I didn't think it was so bad........it was just a replica of one that the birthday guy had.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%