Keeping Gumpaste And Tylose?

Decorating By angel951747 Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 7:52pm by tannersmom

angel951747 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angel951747 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 4

I have a cake that I am going to make next month, but I want to make the figurines and other decorations in advanced. How long can I keep a sugarpaste figure? Where should I keep it? Should I freeze it? If I do when do I take it out of the freezer. Also, I have the "Confectionary Arts" brand of Tylose...is it edible?
I know these questions have probably been asked, but with 800 more pages in the forums, I decided it was best if I just ask. icon_redface.gif

3 replies
snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 4

I have GP flowers and figures I made a year ago. Wrap in tissue and put in a cardboard box - keep these away from heat & humidity.

Don't know about your tylose brand but I would assume it is. Their website should have this info.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 4

Yes, what snowshoe said.
Do NOT fz your finished figures. They will keep perfectly at room temp, away from heat, light and dust.
Tylose is a brand of CMC. If I remember correctly it does say to keep at room temp. I kept some for over a year and it worked perfectly each time.
It is edible when used properly.

tannersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tannersmom Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 4

I wouldn't but them in the fridge. I usually make mine and place them in a ziplock container(airtight). They will last. The tylose will keep for about a
yr. WHen I make my gumpaste I use tylose and if used properly it's non toxic.

Stephanie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%