What Exactly Is Chocolate Clay?

Decorating By SANZ Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 9:09pm by Lady_Phoenix

SANZ Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 6

I have seen on several occasions cakesters using CHOCOLATE CLAY? What is this? What is it used for? Is it something you buy or make, and if so where or how. Thank you. icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
Lady_Phoenix Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 6

Chocolate clay aka candy clay is melted chocolate mixed with corn syrup. It is used for making figures etc. The veggie tales I made are made from whit e candy clay.

mariela_ms Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 6

I've never made it myself, but I know it's a very simple recipe. I think it's like melted chocolate with some light corn syrup. Did you search the recipe section? I'm sure there is a recipe around there.

Sorry I am not much help!

Hollysuann Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 6

I haven't used it yet but my sister gave me some dark chocolate clay. It came with a brick of clay, the rolling pin and a bunch of cute little cutters as well as an instruction booklet. I can't wait till I have the appropriate occasion to use it! Oh! by the way, she ordered it online somewhere. I will look when I get home and see if it say's where on the packaging. icon_cool.gif

Lady_Phoenix Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 9:09pm
post #6 of 6

The recipe here works great for dark or bittersweet chocolate but I use Toba Garretts recipe for semi sweet ot white chocolates due to the higher oil content.

Quote by @%username% on %date%