Where Can I Get Fake Beer Labels?

Decorating By imartsy Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 1:08am by micnmax2003

imartsy Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 9

I'm making sugar beer bottles for the state fair, but I'm having trouble finding beer labels that would be easy to get off the bottles, or that don't have 3-4 labels each (front, back, neck). Does anyone know where I could find some online? Or if there's a good brand of beer out there I could get that would be easy to get the label off of?

And if I found some online to print, what should I print them on? Regular paper? Should I get something else?

8 replies
hellie0h Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 9

If you have an imaging program such as Corel, Paint Shop Pro, I would make up my own label. Not sure if having a copyrighted name brand label would be permitted at State Fair.
As far as the label goes, if there are no requirements in the rules for your entry that all parts be edible, I would use regular paper, if not then the frosting sheets or wafer paper printed out with edible ink, or freehand with the edible markers.
Good luck at the State Fair.

imartsy Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 9

Yeah I wish I had the time or energy to make my own beer label. I'm not sure how they would feel about a brand name label - there's never anyone at our state fair that knows the rules all that well - and it doesn't state anywhere that you can't.....

I do have Photoshop, I just don't know what size to make the label... and I really just don't have the energy as I'm trying to enter 3 different cakes... what was I thinking?

MG Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 9

Here's a website you can order labels from. Not sure if it's what you're looking for but it may be worth a try. thumbs_up.gif

Maryann

imartsy Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 12:05am
post #5 of 9

The website didn't come through - I don't have time to order though, the fair is this weekend. I was really hoping if anyone else had done it they might let me borrow their photoshop file or just print out whatever they had done.

MG Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 12:21am
post #6 of 9

Here's the website---maybe you or someone else can use it in the future:

http://www.homebrewery.com/beer/beer-bottle-labels.shtml

LisaR64 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 12:42am
post #7 of 9

Here are some labels someone posted a while back (sorry I don't remember who it was)
LL

imartsy Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 12:58am
post #8 of 9

thank you I'm going to see if I can get those sized and printed!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%