College Kid On A Budget...help

Decorating By lbain Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 5:28am by Denise

lbain Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 7

I love love decorating and im in college about to move to my new apartment and im looking forward to practicing my decorating and i want to buy a cake pan set for my kitchen...i know wilton has the round and square set....

are they good quality?

can i get some for cheaper?

THANKS!

6 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 7

I have Wilton pans that I've been using for at least 10 years. They're all just fine.

I have a Magic Line pan that's a million times better than the Wilton ones...but before I got it, I was very happy with Wilton.

I noticed that Hobby Lobby has a 40% off one item coupon this week. So if you were going to buy a pan set, going there would save you some $$$. I noticed Walmart has the Wilton sets for about $40, which is about the same as Hobby Lobby before the coupon (if the set was 40 at hobby lobby, the coupon would make it 26). Link to the coupon if you want it: http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/weekly/weekly.cfm

mouse13 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 7

You can always check on ebay they are always selling wilton sets on there for cheap.

aswartzw Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 7:39pm
post #4 of 7

I have no issues with Wilton. I bought a Fat Daddio pan but can't find any major difference between baking so unless it's depending on sharp edges or curved I just get Wilton.

Just make sure you get the pans that don't have slanted edges. I think you're talking about the sets with 5 pans but Wilton makes a 2-piece 9" that stinks.

lbain Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 9:47pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks everyone!

I'm goin to hobby lobby this weekend haha

HerBoudoir Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 3:28am
post #6 of 7

If you have a Ross, TJ Maxx, or Marshall's near you, they frequently have Calphelon and Chicago Metallic pans in the kitchen goods section.

While they may not be ideal if you're looking for matched pans to make tiered cakes, they are great if you just want some pans.

Denise Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 5:28am
post #7 of 7

Join Frost A Tiers cake club and get a 15% discount on items at local cake store like Cake Craft Shoppe in Sugar Land. The 15% adds up when you are purchasing!

I started out with Wilton but wish I had known about Magic Line pans. They are wonderful and all I bake in now.

Frost A Tiers will have a meeting Monday morning at 10:00 AM at Cake Craft Shoppe. I will be there - hope to see you if that is possible!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%