Wilton Pans And Seperater Plates...some Discontinued!

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 19 Aug 2008 , 6:08pm by debster

Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 10

It baffles me icon_confused.gif as to why Wilton still produces the Hexagon,Petal,oval pans yet most places I looked do not have the matching seperater plates.I have a customer who wants a hexagon 2 tiered cake and for the life of me I could only find one place online that carried a plate in the one size...I don't need!! I've checked Ebay also and I know the Oval and Hexagon are very rare to find.... icon_surprised.gif

Sooooo why do they keep selling those shape pans?? If anyone has any details from Wilton or anyone else..Could you enlighten me!! icon_redface.gif

Laurel icon_wink.gif

9 replies
Bijoudelanuit Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 10:34am
post #2 of 10

When I have issues finding something I call Top of the Cake in Syracuse, NY... they might be able to help.
The phone numbers: 315-463-5025 and 315-463-0940. They'll ship whatever you need!

debster Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 11:13am
post #3 of 10

I googled and found this looks GREAT but never ordered from them. I see they have precut petal boards how neat is that? Good luck, if you order from here let us know how it is!!! thumbs_up.gif

Sorry let me try this again it came out as spam???????????????????

I don't know why it won't come through right but try logicpic.com sorry it's working for me has tons of stuff but my computer won't let address come through weird.

Jocmom Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 7:09pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

It baffles me icon_confused.gif as to why Wilton still produces the Hexagon,Petal,oval pans yet most places I looked do not have the matching seperater plates.I have a customer who wants a hexagon 2 tiered cake and for the life of me I could only find one place online that carried a plate in the one size...I don't need!! I've checked Ebay also and I know the Oval and Hexagon are very rare to find.... icon_surprised.gif

Sooooo why do they keep selling those shape pans?? If anyone has any details from Wilton or anyone else..Could you enlighten me!! icon_redface.gif

Laurel icon_wink.gif

Have you contacted Wilton at Wilton.com? They should be able to guide you toward retailers that carry these.

KonfectionKonnection Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 11:19pm
post #5 of 10

I was quite frustrated as well, to learn that Wilton discontinued these plates.

I came across this website that has the specialty shaped plates, but I haven't ordered from them yet. (I just bake for friends and family right now, so can't justify them--yet.) If someone tries them, I'd like to hear how they do--www.logic pic.com. (W/out the space--hope it's OK to post)
HTH.

Petit-four Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 9:11pm
post #6 of 10

Laurel --

Perhaps you'd want to add your request to the thread I started:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-586351.html

I too wish that oval separator plates were available -- and I'd buy a set of hexagon pans if I knew I could get plates.

Perhaps if more of us requested them, they'd start making them again! thumbs_up.gif

Petit-four

debster Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 11:24pm
post #7 of 10

Does the logicpic.com have the separators or do they just have the boards?

kakeladi Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 11:39pm
post #8 of 10

It is simple to use sq or round plates under those odd shaped cakes. Just pick the size that comes closest to your smallest shape - like if the oval is 10x15 (or there abouts) use a 10" round plate.
For hex cakes, use sq or even round plates. Just pick the size that comes closest w/o showing.

KonfectionKonnection Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 2:59pm
post #9 of 10

Debster--I do find seperator plates, along with boards and drums for hexagons and petals--I didn't check all of the shapes, but they list two thicknesses for "seperator plates." I also see where they have a support systems that includes a frame for hexagons. (I assume the board or drum fits inside this, then stacks.) I'm not real techno--so I have to hunt awhile to find what I'm looking for, usually. icon_rolleyes.gif

I would love to place a trial order, to see what they're like, but just haven't yet.

debster Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:08pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks I'm not computer savvy either. icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%