Is There A Secret Formula For Crispy Treats?

Decorating By penster1 Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 10:29pm by sweettoothmom

penster1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penster1 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 5

Iâm going to make a Max and Ruby cake soon and need some advice. I want to make them from rice crispy treats. I made Elmo last year and he had been drying for over a week and he looked great but as soon as we frosted him he began to soften and we had a heck of a time keeping his arms in place.. anyway my question is. . . Is their a trick to the recipe maybe some corn syrup or I read here at CC that someone used a sugar coating to help smooth the figure out. HELP

4 replies
hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 5

I only did the krispie treats modeling one time, a witch, she kept getting shorter...lol. I dunked the krispie witch in melted chocolate, that helped in keeping her in a standing position.
I did read on the Rice Krispie web site, for making a house out of the treats, that they baked the walls after they were cut from the orginal recipe.
Here is a link to the site about baking the treats.
http://www.ricekrispies.com/Display.aspx?kic=true&recipe_id=1599
Hope you get more suggestions to help with your problem.

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 5

Some other members suggested cutting out some of the butter in the recipe and crushing the treats. I omitted the butter completely and semi-crushed and I have had not problems at all now!

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 5

and you can heat the melted marshmallows a bit longer, to a higher temperature and that also makes them firmer- not so chewy

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 10:29pm
post #5 of 5

Wonderful information! Thank you all for chiming in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%