Crisco V Trex

Baking By SOULLA13 Updated 29 Aug 2011 , 1:35pm by jennifercullen

SOULLA13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SOULLA13 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 4

Hi there,

I live in the Uk and have seen many recipies on here that contain the ingredient crisco, i have recently found out that trex is our alternative to this product. Has anyone tried using this to mix into their buttercream so that it crusts better? If there is something else i could buy in the uk that would taste better than trex i would be really grateful if you could let me know. xxx

3 replies
mouse13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mouse13 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 4

I use crisco sorry I am not much help..

hasmuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hasmuk Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 12:05pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULLA13

Has anyone tried using this to mix into their buttercream so that it crusts better? If there is something else i could buy in the uk that would taste better than trex

Hi Soulla13 I'm from the UK too and would like an alternative to Trex. Did you find one? I used it but it doesn't crust that well and I'm not a fan of the taste!
Thanks

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 1:35pm
post #4 of 4

I use trex too. I have never decorated a cake in buttercream only so I don't know about the crusting really. I have been using that and morrisons butter to make my buttercream but found it was going to sloppy so I changed my butter to lurpak and it seems a lot better. Tesco and morrisons here also do a vegetable fat wrapped in the foil paper stuff like butter, I can't remember the names of them but I used the Tesco one once but didn't like it The same. It was a lot harder than trex. I quite like the trex to be honest.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%