Jilted Bride Or Groom

Decorating By lilyanddayne Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 5:45pm by 7yyrt

lilyanddayne Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 4

Have any of you ever been at the wedding or setting up the reception and have the bride of groom not show up? Any left at the alter stories?
Did they still have the reception? Did they still want the cake? Just curious!

3 replies
jmt1714 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 4

they aren't gonna have a choice about wanting the cake, since it should have long been paid for and you are just delivering it!

michellenj Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 4

I have had many couples break up before the wedding, but only one where the groom didn't show. Actually, after 1.5 hours after the wedding should have started and someone tracked him down, he casually strolled into the church without his tux on, got dressed and went through with the wedding, but didn't look happy.

7yyrt Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 4

I'm going to horrify all the cake decorators here, but...

When I was much younger, the groom didn't show up (I'm sorry to say most of us didn't trust him with our friend, in the first place). The bride was relieved and wanted a party.
We scattered fast -
Some of the kids drove to the store and grabbed powdered sugar, butter, food coloring, and some half and half. One of the mothers mixed up some frosting in the kitchen for us. Another mother carefully scraped off all of the flowers and scrolls and garlands, and we covered the whole cake with brightly colored 'flowers' (think 60s or 70s flower-power). Others brought records (I told you it was a long time ago) to replace the romantic music that was planned.
Much of the wedding was removed or covered. Some of the fathers went around and spray painted the white flowers!!! Orange, yellow and green paint, I think it was... (They were going to paint an outside table and chairs and had the paint in the trunk.)

They never did get back together.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%