What Sizes For A 3 Tier Cake To Feed 12-15 People?

Decorating By vagostino Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 12:35pm by fem128

vagostino Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 11:46am
post #1 of 4

Hi!
i need to make a 3 tier cake to feed 12-15 people. Not only that, but it has to be "unicorn theme", so if i do a mini cake i won;t have any room to put the unicorn. Also, i'm making a second single tier cake with a "frog theme" ...all this is for fraternal twin's birthday. How can i make the 3 tier cake so small and make it look in synch with the single tier froggy one??

3 replies
fem128 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 12:08pm
post #2 of 4

You would have to use cake dummies or you will have way too many cake servings. You can make the bottom tier out of cake and use the dummies for the two smaller tiers. The tiers could either be 6", 8", & 10" or 4" 7" & 9" just depends on how big the top tier needs to be in order to accommodate the unicorn. Hope this helps!

vagostino Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 12:12pm
post #3 of 4

that sounds like a good size without being so small that i can;t place my unicorn. My concern is that this cakes are for fraternal twins, so can you imagine one having a one tier 9 inch cake and the other one a monstrous 3 tier cake?? I don;t think that is going to look fair. I'll ask the mom since she is a friend of mine...i don't want the "froggy twin" felling ripped off!!!

fem128 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 12:35pm
post #4 of 4

Does it have to be a 3 tier cake? I think it's a little too much considering it's only for 15-20 ppl. And quite unfair for the little boy. I would probably make them both a a small 2 tier cake. She would get the wow factor she is looking for and it's fair to both kids.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%