Need A Good Cupcake Recipe

Baking By foofy307 Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 5:12pm by Pebbles1727

foofy307 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foofy307 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 3:38am
post #1 of 11

Hi! I'm planning my granddaughter's 8th birthday party and I wanted to make cupcakes. Can someone recommend a recipe the kids will love... Thanks in advance! icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:01am
post #2 of 11

I find the cookies and creme ones to be a hit icon_biggrin.gif

foofy307 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 11

Do you have the cookies and creme recipe?

micnmax2003 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 11

here's the cookies & cream recipe that I use (doctored cake mix=very easy icon_biggrin.gif ) I believe the recipe is originally from the Cake Doctor book.

Cookies & Cream cupcakes

* 30 Oreo (or Oreo-like) cookies
* 1 pkg plain white cake mix
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 3 large eggs
* 1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat your over to 350 and line two cupcake pans with paper liners. Count out 12 Oreos and separate the top and bottom wafers (make sure each half has some icing on it) Place one wafer, icing side up, in the bottom of each paper liner. Crush the remaining Oreos

Place the cake mix, oil, sour cream, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and blend with an electric mixer on low for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and beat again on medium about 1.5 minutes more. Measure out 1 1/2 cups crushed Oreos and fold these into the batter. Set the rest of the crumbs aside for garnish.

Fill your liners 3/4 full with batter and place the pans in the oven.

Bake the cupcakes for about 18-20 minutes until they are golden and spring back when lightly touched with your finger. Cool in the pan on wire racks for about 5 minutes and then remove cakes from pans and cool completely on wire racks.

Combine remaining crumbs into basic buttercream & frost cupcakes.

Basic Buttercream

2 stick of unsalted butter (1 cup), room temp
4 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup milk or heavy cream
pinch of salt
2 tsp vanilla

Cream butter & icing sugar in mixer on low, add pinch of salt & vanilla..combine well. Slowly add milk & continue to whip until spreading consistancy.

Another recipe, which you may be interested in b/c it's another hit here w/ the kids, is for Rootbeer Float Cupcakes (I don't recall where I got this recipe)

"Root Beer Float cupcakes"

2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Root Beer soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter/ 1 stick
3 eggs slightly beaten
1 tablespoon Root beer extract (Lorann oil)
Large marshmallows

Preheat oven to 375
In an a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt together and set aside.
In mixing bowl put butter and sugar and beat till light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time till blended well. Add Root Beer and Root beer extract, and stir till blended
Slowly begin to add dry ingredients and mix till smooth, about 2 minutes
Spoon batter into cupcake papers, filling cups about 2/3 full. Place a large marshmallow in center of each cupcake & push down slightly. Bake for 20- 25 minutes

"Root Beer Frosting"
2 cups powder sugar
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon Root Beer extract (Lorann oil)
1/4 Root Beer
1/2 cup butter /1 stick
Whipped cream for topping

To make the frosting place powdered sugar and salt in a large bowl. Slowly add butter cut in small pieces, add root beer extract and Root beer and beat until fluffy and has a good spreading consistency, add more powdered sugar if needed.
Frost cooled cupcakes and top each cupcake with a little whipping cream
***Please note that during baking marshmallows might over flow on to baking pan, if that happens be prepared, when the cupcakes come out of oven to take a spoon and push back the marshmallow to the top of cupcake.

foofy307 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 11

Thanks for the recipe! It seems easy...Can't wait to try it!

micnmax2003 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 9:10pm
post #6 of 11

foofy307...they are so easy & is really a fav here! let me know what u think thumbs_up.gif

faeanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faeanne Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 12:37pm
post #7 of 11

Thanks for sharing these- my hubby is not a cake fan, but he loves all things oreo and no one can resist root beer floats. I think I might be able to tempt him with these (if not I'm sure our boys & I will polish them off easily!)

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:40pm
post #8 of 11

I have been wanting to make a cookies n cream cc's. Thanks for the lovely recipes.

faeanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faeanne Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 1:40pm
post #9 of 11

Well- the oreo cupcakes were a hit with everyone at my cookout! I made them as directed, then the following day I made an oreo filling by mixing a pkg of oreo pudding with some milk & a can of cream cheese frosting. (I was running out of time so I had to take a short cut.) Then I frosted them with the oreo frosting I had ready to go.

There were delicious- but I need to get a better tip for filling so I have more yummies on the inside. My one friend said she was going to take them all & hide in a corner! LOL Hubby liked them, but it was still too much cake for him. Said he'd really like them with ice cream. So- I'm thinking next time I'll make him some special ones- half cupcake, half ice cream with frosting on top.

TheCakeGirl87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeGirl87 Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 2:07pm
post #10 of 11

micnmax2003 Thanks for the recipes. I cant wait to try the cookies and cream! I am not much of a root beer fan but I am also very excited about this recipe, my very best guy friend has a joke with me that he will not date me because I don't drink root beer so I am very excited to test this one out on him! Thanks again!

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 5:12pm
post #11 of 11

Oh those sound great! That answers my question. Are they really rich?
Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%