A Thomas Kinkade Cake??? How??

Decorating By kimmypooh79 Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 4:37am by kimmypooh79

kimmypooh79 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 5

I have a request for a Thomas Kinkade cake. No idea how to do this. It will be an 8 inch round. Edible image...if so where from? Color flow? BC transfer? Royal icing? Due Tuesday, August 12th. TIA!

4 replies
tcbalgord Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 5

Unless you have the edible image printer or access to one I would print an image of his work and then do a bc transfer. His work is so beautiful!

CoolCakeChick Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 12:06am
post #3 of 5

Is there a cake place that you buy your supplies from? I ask because the cake store where I buy all of my supplies is also where I have edible images printed for me. They usually need 3 days notice, I supply them with the picture, they give me the edible image transfer in a foil bag to take home. It costs $15, and couldn't be easier! I don't have many requests for edible images, so I don't see the sense in spending the money on Kopy Kake stuff that will rarely be used.
Good Luck!

dabear Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 12:40am
post #4 of 5

I think it would be hard to really bring out the details using a fbct. His work is so detailed. This is what I would do, not that I'm an expert....
I would find a color image online and print it on my color printer. I would then take the picture to HEB Bakery or my cake supply store and have them make me an ebible image for $6.00 (that's what both places charge here). I heard walmart bakery does them too. I've never had to wait except for a few minutes while they scan and print the image. If you have it made at a grocery store, make sure you have a gallon size ziplock bag to put the image into and don't keep it in the heat.
Goodluck! thumbs_up.gif

kimmypooh79 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 4:37am
post #5 of 5

Thanks everybody, I think the edible image would probably be the best route. I wish I could do the fbct....oh that would be cool.

Quote by @%username% on %date%