Turn Wasc Into Keylime Cake. Should I Put In The Vanilla?

Decorating By cocobean Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 3:45am by HerBoudoir

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, I'm in the middle of making my WASC into a keylime cake. Not sure if I should put any vanilla in for flavoring. I have replaced 1 cup of the water with keylime juice and wondering if I should replace the other flavorings with keylime also. What do you think? I'm thinking the vanilla and any other flavoring would throw off the taste. (Also I'm using lemon cake mixes). Anyone ever done this? icon_smile.gif Thanks!

2 replies
HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 3:45am
post #2 of 3

I don't think vanilla would throw off the flavor, as vanilla is very good at playing a "supporting role" - for example, most chocolate cake recipes call for a teaspoon of vanilla extract.

However, when making key lime pie - no vanilla in the custard part (although the whipped cream or meringue topping will have it).

You may want to try a little bit of fresh lime zest though to give the lime a little more punch icon_smile.gif You can also buy key lime extract - SilverCloudEstates.com is one brand that has it.

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 3:45am
post #3 of 3

I don't think vanilla would throw off the flavor, as vanilla is very good at playing a "supporting role" - for example, most chocolate cake recipes call for a teaspoon of vanilla extract.

However, when making key lime pie - no vanilla in the custard part (although the whipped cream or meringue topping will have it).

You may want to try a little bit of fresh lime zest though to give the lime a little more punch icon_smile.gif You can also buy key lime extract - SilverCloudEstates.com is one brand that has it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%