Using The New Crisco

Decorating By bostonterrierlady Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 1:54am by jukesbox

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 4

I know this is a controversial subject but I tried Sweetex and did not really like it. It was o.k. I have to admit I would prefer to use Crisco because of the trans fats thing. I have tried indydebi recipe but my icing came out kind of creamy colored. I want pure white. How many of you are successfully using The new Crisco and what recipes are you using?

3 replies
bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:44am
post #2 of 4

Anyone?

Valli_War Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valli_War Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:52am
post #3 of 4

I did try indydebi's recipe and it came out very white. I haven't heard of any all shortening buttercream turning anything but white. Did you use regular vanilla by chance instead of clear vanilla?

I would be interested in knowing it too. I did use crisco the 0 transfat one and it came out white.

jukesbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jukesbox Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:54am
post #4 of 4

I have used the new Crisco and I followed the Wilton recipe. It turned out fine. I use all Crisco (or WalMart brand) and add butter flavoring along with vanilla and almond. According to Wilton, with the new Crisco, you use milk to thin. I think before it may have said to use either milk or water. My icing turns out pure white. Like I said, I add the milk at the end after I have already mixed the shortening and flavorings and the powdered sugar. I have also added heavy whipping cream instead of the milk. I gives it an extra richness.

HTH
Anna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%