Price For Tiger Lily's???

Decorating By dtmc Updated 6 Aug 2008 , 11:19pm by peg818

dtmc Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 2

Hi all,

I have been asked to do a 3-tier wedding cake with a cascading look of gumpaste Tiger Lily's (orange) with 3 large lily's on top as a cake topper. They want the cascade from top of the cake to the bottom. I was hoping for some insight on how much to charge for the flowers, petals, & extra filler flowers to make the cascade look appropiate? I have never done a cascade in gumpaste flowers before only in silks.

Thanks!!!! icon_lol.gif

1 reply
peg818 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 2

i charge at least $5 a lily then i would guestimate how many i would need I would say at least a dozen maybe even two dozen, thats $60 to $120 for just those flowers then add in for the fillers and leaves. I would say you are looking at $150 to $200 added to the cake for the flowers. I know that may sound like alot, but i usually don't price out the flowers seperately. I would just figure the price of the cake, then add on the flowers So if the base price of the cake is $300 I would just give them a quote of $500 or $550, then if they bulk at that, I have other options for them.

But quite frankly these flowers take time and you should be paid for them, If they just want the cake with out the flowers they can always go get flowers from the florist and chances are they will cost at least that much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%