Frosting For Cheesecake?

Decorating By emereldas Updated 13 Aug 2005 , 3:45am by sugartopped

emereldas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emereldas Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 6

I was thinking of making a cake for one of my boys birthdays. He wants a cheesecake. What type of frosting would I use to cover the cheesecake so it looks more like a decorated cake instead of a plain cheese cake? I am a bit rusty since the last cake I decorated was for my oldest sons 2nd birthday in 1979. Now my youngest son who is 8 wants me to make cakes like I made for his brother so now I need to buy all my supplies again. What different types of frosting could I use for this cake? Thanks

Nancy

5 replies
Chefgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefgirl Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 6

I got married in March and I had a cheesecake for my wedding cake. My cake was different citrus flavors and the icing was lemon buttercream. It was wonderful! I think a buttercream would be fine.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 6

Remember this cake is for kids... and I haven't found a kid anywhere that didn't like buttercream. You'll probably get some other ideas here too! I don't see anything wrong with the buttercream though.

Oh...and welcome to cake central!

emereldas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emereldas Posted 13 Aug 2005 , 2:48am
post #4 of 6

Thank you both so much for answering me lemon buttercream sounds wonderful. My little one is a hard one to please. He tolerates some frostings loves chocolate but didnt think it would go with a cheesecake. He doesnt like ice cream, pudding, pies, jello etc. Eats very little candy no vegetables or fruit.My oldest 2 would eat anything that didnt eat them first but not my little guy so I have decided to teach him cake decorating .He has gone through the site looking at cakes and now wants to try. Maybe we will actually get lucky and he will want to eat his own creation. Again thanks for answering so quickly

Nancy

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 13 Aug 2005 , 3:32am
post #5 of 6

Or you could make a chocolate cheesecake with a chocolate ganache icing!
Hugs Squirrelly

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 13 Aug 2005 , 3:45am
post #6 of 6

I made a peanut butter-chocolate swirl cheesecake from the whimisical bakehouse book. It was sooooo Yummy and it was covered w/a chocolate glaze!!! Everyone who was lucky enough to get a piece LOVED it!! So if he like chocolate you could try the chocolate glaze.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%