Strange Cake Request-Princess Cake With Shrek For A 4 Yr Boy

Decorating By harrisonsmama Updated 6 Aug 2008 , 5:46pm by mrsw

harrisonsmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harrisonsmama Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 11

So I get a call from a Mom last night requesting a princess cake with shrek for a 4 year old boy. This will be his second birthday party. I am thinking of using the Wondermold pan and making her dress in green and yellow and then putting a scroll reading "happy birthday " at the bottom with a picture of shrek. Any other suggestions?

10 replies
T-Bird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
T-Bird Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 11

I'm not sure I really follow... Maybe she meant a princess castle? In which case that would be fairly easy... make a medievil castle with shrek and donkey... Or maybe she meant a 3D shrek? I don't know, seems odd to me, but maybe I'm just not getting it. Best of luck, and maybe somebody else will have a good idea!

valbos22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valbos22 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 11

Are they wanting Princess Fiona and Shrek or a Princess type of cake in Shrek colors? Need more information, please. icon_smile.gif You could do the flat castle pan (not the 3-d one) with the couple at the doors...

Smiles,

Val

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 11

I'd call her back and have her clarify what exactly she wants.. I doubt it's a princess with a picture of Shrek.. not to mention you can't really sell a picture of shrek due to the copyright laws. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 2:34pm
post #5 of 11

I guess I'm confused too...but I like the castle idea!

Can you give us a bit more info about what was requested?

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 2:40pm
post #6 of 11

Maybe she meant Princess Castle?
I don't know? You would need to clear that up with her.
I did have a mom want either a Dora or a CandyLand cake once for her 4yr old son. I thought that was odd, too me those are both "girly" cakes? But to each their own.

harrisonsmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harrisonsmama Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:06pm
post #7 of 11

no, she wants a princess (not fiona) and shrek too. She said that for halloween last year, he wanted to be tinkerbell and they got into a big fight and she made him be buzz light year because she didnt want him to get made fun of. He cried halloween. she didn't want to go through that again, so this family only party will feature his dream cake- with a princess. so I thought of the wondermold princess and then get some shrek figures to "hold" the banner. She said to be creative. I thought if i did her dress in that shrek greem accented by yellow or blue it would work a bit better.

valbos22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valbos22 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:10pm
post #8 of 11

Ah, that makes me sad about the little boy but momma is right, people can be cruel. I think it is lovely that she is fufilling his wish in a "safe" place with the family. icon_biggrin.gif

I think the Princess with Shrek holding the banner would be lovely-- might want to check with the mom on the colors--no offense to Shrek but his colors are not what I think of when I think princess, lol

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 4:59pm
post #9 of 11

awww i think it's cute that they're giving him the cake he wants. if you want you can make a princess cake and have her stand on Shrek's Swamp. you can google for pictures.

*supposed to be a picture of shrek's swamp up there ^^

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 5:25pm
post #10 of 11

That is too cute then.. I think the idea you had is perfect and makes it all legal too which is great! I'd call and ask about the colors and I hope that little boy has the best princess birthday ever. That is very sweet of her and I know he will be thrilled.

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 5:46pm
post #11 of 11

What about using the wondermold for the princess and have all sorts of scenes on/around the skirt? Sort of like those wooden figures by Jim Shore. Shrek and Donkey, et al... Could be cute

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%