Can A Bundt Cake Recipe Be Made In 9' Rounds?

Decorating By pinkpiggie78 Updated 24 Aug 2008 , 6:21pm by pinkpiggie78

pinkpiggie78 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 1:08pm
post #1 of 7

I just started taking the Wilton series of cake decorating and need to make a cake for next week. I am a big fan of the Cake Doctor recipes, because they are faster than making a cake from scratch, but typically are much tasier than a plain, old box cake. Anyway, the cake I would like to make suggests a bundt pan, can it be made into 9' rounds? Any ideas on the time reduction... 50%, 25%?

6 replies
jammjenks Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 7

I would think so. You can make other cakes in various pan shapes. If you can post the recipe, maybe someone with more experience can tell you for sure.

pinkpiggie78 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 7

Recipe:
Yellow Cake Mix
3/4 c Miracle Whip
1 pkg Whipped topping
3/4 c OJ
3 Eggs
2 Tbsp Orange Zest

I would hate to waste the ingredients just to find out it doesn't work.

kogden Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 10:52pm
post #4 of 7

I just did exactly that on Sunday. It worked just fine. I made two rounds at 300 and baked them for about 55 minutes. I watched them pretty close because like you I was unsure of the time difference. The cake turned out delicious and was devoured by the girls in my Bible study.

Cake_Princess Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 10:58pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpiggie78

Recipe:
Yellow Cake Mix
3/4 c Miracle Whip
1 pkg Whipped topping
3/4 c OJ
3 Eggs
2 Tbsp Orange Zest

I would hate to waste the ingredients just to find out it doesn't work.

I don't see an reason why it would not work in a regular pan. Having said that sometimes the only way is to bite the bullet and experiment to see what works and what does not work.

pinkpiggie78 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 12:23am
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone. I am going to give it a shot and will just use a box cake as my back up....

pinkpiggie78 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 6:21pm
post #7 of 7

Just in case anyone was wondering or is chicken to try it themselves... this turned out great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%