Need Advice On How To Make A Giant Cupcake Cake.............

Decorating By abed Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 11:46am by suzylynn58

abed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abed Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:29am
post #1 of 11

Someone has requested a giant cupcake cake, she wants it really big. So I can't use the giant cupcake pan. Any adivce on how to make it and what about support for the cake???? thanks.

10 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:44am
post #2 of 11

I'm not sure if this will work or not, but what about doing 2 12 in rounds for the base and then put a 14 inch on top with another 12, 10, 8, 6 etc and carve the top rounded to look like the cupcake top. Could you use the SPS system to secure the tiers?

That would be a big darn cupcake!!!

andiesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andiesweet Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 4:01am
post #3 of 11

I have one coming up at the end of the month, I plan on doing an 8in with a 9 inch round on top of that, dowel that and put a 9 inch with a soccer ball pan on top of that. Trim it all down and go from there. Good luck with yours icon_smile.gif

abed Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 4:01pm
post #4 of 11

andiesweet,
The soccer ball on top is a great idea, so you would do a coule or 3 layer for the bottom of the cupcake and then a one or two 9 inch on top with a soccer ball on top? thanks.

BellaSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaSweet Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 11

I have done one these before. Let me say this, it will be huge!!! The bottom of it was 8". Then I did a 9" and then 10" to get the "cup" part of it. Kept going 2 more layers 10" then ended with a 9". the top three layers were for carving. We had about 20 people at the party(all ate cake) I basically took off the top half and served that first. Less than half the cake was gone. So we continued to have people over to celebrate DD bday. about 15 more people came throughout the week, still not gone. my slices were about twice as big as wedding servings. HTH

yvy_cano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvy_cano Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 11

Here's an example for you... This one is from Debbie does cakes and its 12" high and 8" round so its pretty big.
LL
LL

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 4:26pm
post #7 of 11

I have done 2 giant cupcake cakes. One would be for a girl, and one for a boy. They are in my pics. These cakes resemble more of a hostess style but very huge! Take a peek and see if this is what you are needing and I would be happy to give you instructions. I have had a few requests on how to make these for a groom, so they can adapt to any style party. icon_smile.gif

BellaSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaSweet Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 4:29pm
post #8 of 11

WOW, mine sucks compared to those two above. THose are amazing!!!

abed Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 2:49am
post #9 of 11

bellejoey, I think I'm blind, I didn't see your giant cupcakes under your photoes, I just saw the hostess cupcake one. The hostess one is amazing. If you don't mind, please send me the instructions on how to make them. Debbie does cakes ones are amazing as well. I wonder how she did the top part all the swirls on top?

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 11:45am
post #10 of 11

I did one last week for the first time too. I used a 9-10-10-9 and carved it down. It's not in my pics yet, will maybe upload it later today. They wanted to serve 40 and it was HUGE!!!

SUsan

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 11:46am
post #11 of 11

I did one last week for the first time too. I used a 9-10-10-9 and carved it down. It's not in my pics yet, will maybe upload it later today. They wanted to serve 40 and it was HUGE!!!

SUsan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%