Candy Melts Question

Decorating By ShortcakesSweets Updated 6 Aug 2008 , 9:37pm by tonedna

ShortcakesSweets Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 12:55am
post #1 of 7

Has anyone ever tried using candy melts in a shaped (character) cake pan? How did it work out? Did it come out of the pan easily and without breaking?

6 replies
TexasSugar Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 2:16am
post #2 of 7

I was on another cake board years ago and there was a woman that did those alot and always had great luck with it.

I have done candy melts in metal pans (like the cookie treat pans or mini cake pans) and haven't had problems with it. You just have to get it cold enough to set but not too cold.

emrldsky Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 12:38pm
post #3 of 7

The Wilton 2009 Yearbook uses this technique a LOT! I imagine it wouldn't be too hard, as long as you placed the pan in the fridge or freezer to let the chocolate settle. I think it would work the same as if you used plastic molds with candy melts (which I have experience with).

ShortcakesSweets Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the replies and help. I've used the plastic candy molds quite often, so I was wondering if it would just be the same concept.
Someone just gave me A LOT of the character pans, I don't normally use the shaped pans, but I CAN'T turn down free cake stuff!!
I have an order for a Dessert Bar for a Groom's Table in December and he is a hunter/fisherman. One of the cake pans I just received is the fish pan and I thought I would be cool to make a fish out of candy melts. Just wanted to see if anyone thought it would work.
Thanks again so much for your help. icon_biggrin.gif

chovest Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 9:33pm
post #5 of 7

The Wilton yearbook does show it a lot. Here is a link to Wilton's site and a quick how to for a Christmas tree, obviously it would work the same way. (As with the plastic molds, be sure to tap on counter or such to remove air bubbles.)

http://www.wilton.com/idea/Christmas-Tree-Candy-Bar

spunkybear Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 9:35pm
post #6 of 7

Same thing but just a different twist, I have used the Wilton mini-wonder ball mold many times to make the chocolate umbrellas (way soooo cute by the way!!) Just pour in desired amount and pop in fridge until completely set and they pop right out!!
hth

tonedna Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 9:37pm
post #7 of 7

Yes you can use them..they work great!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%