Have You Purchased This Book Yet?

Decorating By dream Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 6:55pm by ibmoser

dream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 12:36am
post #1 of 7

Has anyone ordered or received a copy of:

Decadent Details: Perspectives of the Grand National Wedding Cake Competition? I was wondering if it was worth it before I brought it.

6 replies
cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:01am
post #2 of 7

I haven't heard of it. Where did you see it?

Amy

cakemommy Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:04am
post #3 of 7

I found this on another forum.

Decadent Details - Perspectives of the Grand National Wedding Cake Competition is a little book filled with photos of the superb cakes from the Oklahoma State Sugar Art Show in Tulsa.

It does not have "how to" or step-by-step instructions to make these cakes, they way most of us like a cake decorating book to be but it has close-up photos of the details of some of the most beautiful cakes from the competition in past years.

Craig Gustafson - Editor in Chief of American Cake Decorating and Mailbox News: The Idea Book for Cake Decorators is the photographer.

Small size 9" x 9" with soft covers and 96 pages.
If it had hard covers it will be ideal as a coffee table book but with soft covers... :-k

Overall, it is a very nice book

dream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 1:58am
post #4 of 7

Thanks so much for responding! That helps me a lot! I was looking for a "how to" book just like you said! Thanks Cakemommy.

cakemommy Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 7

You are welcome! I am going to be on the lookout for the book as well! Thank you for making me aware of it!

Amy thumbs_up.gif

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 3:52pm
post #6 of 7

I have visited the Oklahoma State Sugar Art Show website and the cakes are amazing!! I would find the book useful as a source of inspiration. Many thanks for making us aware of it!

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:55pm
post #7 of 7

I bought this book at ICES in Orlando. It is a beautiful book of photos from the Wedding Cake Competition with just a few identifying details. No instructions. Close-up photos of amazing details on the featured cakes along with, usually, a small pic of the entire cake. Just inspiration and eye candy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%