What Size Cake Box Should I Use ?

Decorating By IdolizedCakes Updated 6 Aug 2008 , 1:13am by indydebi

IdolizedCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IdolizedCakes Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 12:04am
post #1 of 3

I am making a huge wedding cake that will serve over 400 people there will be 4 -14" square cakes involved in this huge cake and it is really hard to come across 18" boxes I have the 16" seperator plates. Do You think that I can get away with a 16" box I am making 12 cakes and assembling on site I am going out of my mind! any advice?

Thanks!!

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 1:02am
post #2 of 3

Jus to make sure I understand ... you have a 14" cake on a 16" plate, right? THen I think a 16" box will work fine. The cake will be in far enought that it won't touch the sides of the box.

For my larger tiers, I generally just loosely cover them in saran wrap for transport. I pull the saran out and then set the cake on top of that, THEN wrap the ends of the saran up and over the top of the cake. This prevents you from pulling-down and mooshing the borders, and it's way easier to unwrap a cake from the top than it is to try to unwrap it when it's all tucked under that big 'ole cake! thumbs_up.gif

I have my crew so used to this, that when we get stuff wrapped the other way (i.e. GFS will slice my ham/turkey for free and they saran it), the crew complains about "You need to show them how to wrap stuff!" icon_lol.gif SO much easier!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 1:13am
post #3 of 3

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%