What Should I Do - Challenge Myself??

Decorating By angelcakes5 Updated 6 Aug 2008 , 12:09am by angelcakes5

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 7

Ok I am making a cake for a bridal shower at work for 2 girls. I need everyones opinion shoukd I stick to my norm or should I attempt maybe making a small tiered cake using the petal pan?? I am sitting her debating and thought before I turn the oven on what you guys think I should do. Is it hard to frost a petal pan cake? I did do the 15 in one once. Or anyone have any ideas of what I could do?? I do have one of those ring seperators with roses on it and I was thinking of doing something with that? HELP!!!!

6 replies
tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 10:09pm
post #2 of 7

If you have the time, take the challenge. You will never know if you don't try. You also don't know when you will get the chance to do something different again.

JeCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JeCookie Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 7

I think you should what you are comfortable with for now and maybe try experimenting later.. that way you will be pleased with your work and not wonder if its going to turn out ok. Less stress is best! Good Luck

OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 10:23pm
post #4 of 7

When I am able, I always challenge myself. If I have enough time, I tell the person that I will learn the technique & if I'm unable I would have to do something else. It has always worked-out for me, and once you've done it, you will build confidence. The first time normally takes longer & I'm up until 2am or so at times - but I say "go for it!"... Good luck!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 10:23pm
post #5 of 7

I always take the challenge. In fact I promise every bride (90-100 a year) that I never do an exact duplication of a cake. Reach for the cake . . .er . . .stars!

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 10:53pm
post #6 of 7

Go for it girl!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif GO GO GO GO......... thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 12:09am
post #7 of 7

Ok I started baking petal cakes. I am going to try. Oh well what can it hurt! I always like a challenge. I think I do better if its something I have never done. I will post when I get it done. Thanks everyone!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%