I Promise I Searched

Decorating By msnrozier Updated 6 Aug 2008 , 11:30pm by msnrozier

msnrozier Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 9:26pm
post #1 of 8

I tired number cakes, how do I make a number cake and numbers.

So can anyone assist me with how to make a 2 and a 7 if I do not have the pan, even better would be for me to just buy the pans, if you know a site that would have number pans.

Thank you in advance,

7 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 8

There is a template for number cakes in the galleries, Sketches and Templates section.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

FeGe_Cakes Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 8

What I did once was found a font I liked on Microsoft. Then make the font size very large and print on the size paper that fits the size of your desired number size or sheet pan. For instance if you have a 11 x 15 sheet cake. Print the number on legal paper. If you don't have legal paper size and just letter, I believe the program will print the number on muliple pages..then you can piece together and cut to make your own template.

tracey1970 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 8

I made a piece of paper the same size as my cake (12" x 18") and drew the shape of the number 1 that I wanted on that. I cut out the paper number, laid it on the sheet cake, and carved away. You can buy number pans on e-bay and some on the Wilton website. Maybe even Michael's or Hobby Lobby? I think I've seen a number 1 at Michael's before. I know you don't need that number, but maybe they have more??

7yyrt Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 10:31pm
post #5 of 8

oops - double post! icon_redface.gif

7yyrt Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 10:31pm
post #6 of 8
OCakes Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 10:32pm
post #7 of 8

I normally bake sheet cake & carve them. The "inner part" of the upper portion of the "2" can be left intact & decorated - or cut-out. I like the idea of finding a font you like in Word & using it as a template (flg22275) - and I suggest making them as "chunky" as possible because the more thin they are, the harder it is to frost since they don't have that "baked edge". Plus there's more cake to serve. Hopefully that helps!

msnrozier Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 11:30pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you allllll!

What type of knife should I purchase to carve?

Quote by @%username% on %date%