Wafer Paper?

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 12:46pm by SugarBakerz

SugarBakerz Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 5

Can someone please explain this product to me? I am wondering if I should purchase it... what do you use it for specifically.... how easy is it to work with.... just some advice or suggestions on uses would be great icon_smile.gif

4 replies
cakeladyem Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 12:16am
post #2 of 5

I haven't ever used it, but I think it is the same as rice paper. You can use it with the edible ink printers to print pictures that you lay onto the cake. There are all kinds of printable things though, like I have heard of people making butterflies and other little decorations like that. I don't know how it is to work with though, sorry. Maybe someone else will know a little more.

kakeladi Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 6:43am
post #3 of 5

Rice paper is the 'old' name for it as it was once made from rice. Wafer paper is now it's proper name.
It is very similar to the host used in the Catholic church for communion. It melts in your mouth.
Large amounts of it are hard to cut thru on a cake. Frosting sheets (many times refered to as edible images; however EI is a trademark name for a specific company) is made from very thin sheets of fondant. It is better to use this newer product for making/printing pix.
Wafer paper is very good for making b'fliesicon_smile.gif That extra weight (as compared to frosting sheets) makes them a bit nicer - they stand up bettericon_smile.gif

cakeladyem Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 5

Great info, thanks.

SugarBakerz Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 12:46pm
post #5 of 5

so yes or no on wafer paper in the edible image printers?

Quote by @%username% on %date%