Email Scam

Business By jillmakescakes Updated 5 Aug 2008 , 10:50pm by indydebi

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 5

ok- so i've seen a LOT of posts about this email(see below) but I can't remember what scam they were trying to pull. can someone refresh my memory?
Hi,

I will like you to bake me a chocolate or a strawberry cake of 5 tier that can serve approximately 250 guest or more, and I want the cake to be decorated with pink roses and the cake should be covered in fondant or in butter cream, and let there be an inscription be writing on one as (HAPPY MARRIAGE LIFE) and i want you to pack them in different boxes after ready for pick up. And I want you to have the cake ready for pick-up on 29th of August 2008, 11 o clock A.M. So let me know if you can fill in the date for me?? . Reply me back and let me know if you can fill in the date for me.?? then i can forward all the details and the picture sample of what i will like you to bake for me.

Thanks and God bless.

Alex Bryant.

4 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 5

They send you more money then the cake cost and ask you to return the overage. However, the funds they send you bounce after you refund them the differance.

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 5

ok- that's what I thought it was, but couldn't remember. this should be interesting to see how they respond to having to send a cashiers check!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 10:01pm
post #4 of 5

they sent me one for 2000.00.....looked real.

seems like they always got the "happy marriage life" on the side.

wonder why?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 10:50pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

they sent me one for 2000.00.....looked real.

At one of my jobs, I was in charge of international shipments and ergo had to deal with lots of letters of credit. My boss warned me that in (a certain country in Africa, when these kinds of things are reputed to start), they actually have schools that teach them how to do fraudulent letters of credit.

So yeah ... they can look VERY real.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%