Uploaded Photos From Another Site-Passing As Your Own Work!

Decorating By CoutureCakeCreations Updated 6 Aug 2008 , 4:40pm by CoutureCakeCreations

CoutureCakeCreations Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 3

I just wanted to show you all how I handled this situation.
I few moments ago I logged onto CC and notice a cake that was very familiar to me. Someone (who will remain nameless) uploaded a pic from the a website and tried to pass it as their own work.

I quietly pm'd the person welcoming them to CC and asking them to remove the picture and not to pass it as their own work
Here is my actual response to them:

I would first like to welcome you to Cake Central.
I hope that this site encourages you as it has me over the past year since I joined.

I noticed that you uploaded a cake into your gallery, however I would like for it to be removed as it has been uploaded from the Wilton website and is not your own work.
Thank you,

No harm done, straight to the point, no harrassment from a ton of people.
I will not longer say anything else to this person and just wanted to show CC that matters like this can be taken care of tactfully.

2 replies
KathysCC Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:03am
post #2 of 3

Just wanted to post this for everyone's information as well as the OP.

I received quite a few PM's about this person who uploaded photos. There were also several members who reported the photos. From the forums, I gather that more than one member PM'ed this person. After receiving the first photo report on her, I PM'ed her to explain CC policy, not knowing that I wasn't the only one at that point who knew about it. I'm afraid we may have scared her to death, poor thing. icon_biggrin.gif

If you see a photo like this, then please use the report button. That way, the moderators will contact the member and take care of the situation without too many people coming down on them at once. Hope this info helps everyone out.
Kathy
Photo Gallery Moderator

CoutureCakeCreations Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 3

Oh my goodness! I will be sure to do that from now on!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%