Another Pricing Question!

Baking By lilsis Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 11:46am by GeminiRJ

lilsis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsis Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:40pm
post #1 of 2

Sorry...but I can't get the matrix to work (and my brain either!!)...but I need to price a cookie bouquet and need some advice.

It's a 15-cookie bouquet (2x5in., 4x4in., 4x3in., 5x2in), personalized, bagged individually & tied w/ ribbon. The customer supplied the 'container' but I added the styrofoam & filler.

This is looking to be a 'monthly' order. Any suggestions on pricing???

Thanks!
Amy

1 reply
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 11:46am
post #2 of 2

Many decorators on this site use the $1 per inch way to price their cookies. So just for the cookies, your bouquet would be $48. Then you add for the extras such as bagging them and using ribbon (many add an additional $1 per cookie for this....the bouquet is up to $63). Then add for the cost of the styrofoam and filler. Only you know the complexity of the cookie design to see if you want to raise or lower the price. If it's going to be a regular customer, be sure you don't begin with too low of a price or you're going to be kicking yourself every month! If you think you're charging too much, check out "Cookies by Design" and print out some of their prices for bouquets. Then if your customer thinks you're charging too much, you have something to show them! Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%