Star Cake

Decorating By judcreations Updated 6 Aug 2008 , 8:05am by judcreations

judcreations Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 11:01am
post #1 of 5

I have been asked to make star shaped cake for a 7 year old girl. I cant seem to think of star cake for birthday as for me star means mostly for christmas, so no ideas coming.......... icon_sad.gif any ideas please help. thanks

4 replies
susies1955 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 11:12am
post #2 of 5

I have the Wilton Star pan so it was easy to bake. The cake was for a 40 year old so you will have to jazz it up. Maybe you could find out her favorite things to play with and incorporate that into the design either by piping it on or by buying a miniature model of the item.
Here is mine. I'm a newbie so don't look too hard. icon_smile.gif

grama_j Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 11:43am
post #3 of 5

"SHE" is the "star" for the day...... it is her birthday..... just make her the center of attention...... The cake I will show you is one of two "star" themed cakes.... ( they wouldn't let me post the other one.... said I had already posted it ....grrrrr!) The other one was a STAR shaped cake on top of an 11X15 sheet cake....... The star burst on the top, I got from the dollar store, and strung a set of battery operated lights through it..... The graduate and everyone else got a big kick out of it.....

valbos22 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:15pm
post #4 of 5

Find out what the theme is-- there is the yellow star with a smiley face, it could be a superstar (all about her), starfish or ariel, sitting on a starfish, you could make Patrick (SpongBob) or just a traditional-like white cake with borders and lettering in the colors she wants-- all with the Wilton Star pan.

judcreations Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 8:05am
post #5 of 5

Thank u all for your response.

Quote by @%username% on %date%