My Free Kitchen Aid Is On The Way!

Lounge By DoniB Updated 9 Sep 2008 , 9:49am by DoniB

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:46am
post #1 of 55

Hi all... just wanted to share this, in case anyone's interested...

I have a free Kitchen Aid Artisan 5qt stand mixer, black, on its way to me right now. My hubby found a website that lets you play games for points, and you actually get the prizes when you collect enough points. You can get up to 1,000 a day, so the larger prizes take awhile to collect. And things can disappear from one day to the next, so you can start collecting now, and your prize can go away before you're done. There is a risk of that, but they always seem to have some nice stuff. icon_razz.gif

If anyone wants to know what website, PM me and I'll send you the link. There is NO money involved, no weird e-mail being sent to you, they don't share your address or anything, and they don't ask for a credit card, shipping, or anything else. Honest. My hubby got a Zune, a case for it, a cover for it, and I've already received a magazines.com gift card (which, of course, went to a cake decorating mag!), so it's real, it works.

You can usually only get one large prize per address, though, so if you're trying to stock up your bakery with KA's, you'll need friends who love you to collect points! LOL

It took me 31 days of playing the games, to get these points, so it's not for folks who have a life. icon_razz.gif But I know enough of us probably have an hour or two that we kill on the computer, playing games, anyhow... might as well get something for it. icon_smile.gif

Thanks, and holler if you want the link!

Doni
PS I get absolutely nothing for passing this info along, other than the knowledge that some folks might get a KA who otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford one for a long time. icon_smile.gif I'm not being paid or otherwise compensated to pass this on... just want to share my excitement with other bakers! icon_smile.gif

54 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 3:25am
post #2 of 55

Lucky you! What are you going to name it?

Jasmine33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasmine33 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 3:25am
post #3 of 55

You can pm me the link, pretty please, thanx. My dh likes to play games sometimes.

shooterstrigger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shooterstrigger Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 3:51am
post #4 of 55

Congrats! PM me the link please

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 4:08am
post #5 of 55

Congrats on your new addition. Would you please PM me the link. Thank you!

DoniB Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 4:12am
post #6 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

Lucky you! What are you going to name it?

Good question! I haven't settled on a name for the KA Pro 600 I have already. I guess I need to come up with some, huh? icon_razz.gif (Actually, I call the Pro my 'jet', because it sounds like a small jet taking off when I get it going on egg whites! LOL)

Thanks for asking... now I have to go ponder. (Those are just the KA stand mixers.. I also have a wimpy little Hamilton Beach-which will go to freecycle or the Habitat Store once this one gets here- and a wonderful old Sunbeam, and I have a KA and an ancient old Sunbeam hand-held mixers.)

Hmmm... can you have too many mixers???

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 4:42am
post #7 of 55

I too would love to have the website. I will give it to my mom and let her play it for me!! It does have slots I hope -- those are her favorites!!

It will give her something to do -- win prizes for ME!!

Thanks

bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 4:52am
post #8 of 55

ohh.. can you send it to me.. I have a KA that I love a lot but I need a Zune...

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 5:11am
post #9 of 55

Can you pm me the website as well?

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:46pm
post #10 of 55

Me too please!

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:11pm
post #11 of 55

Sweet! Could you pm the link to me too please?

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:51pm
post #12 of 55

I would also like the site sent to me via PM please. Thank you Doni for sharing!

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:17pm
post #13 of 55

i love to play games...i love lovelove free stuff...please send me the link too??!!!

btw: what the heck is a zune?

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:20pm
post #14 of 55

could you please send me the link to? I have nothing else to do with my time ... yeah right!!

sjmoral Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjmoral Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:26pm
post #15 of 55

I am interested, please pm me the link. I belong to MYPOINTS too and get points for clicking on emails... My dh couldn't believe it and became a member himself!

Sunflower08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflower08 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:59pm
post #16 of 55

please send to me as well.... Thanks!

DoniB Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 3:18pm
post #17 of 55

I think I have sent it out to everyone who's asked so far.

If you want the link, PLEASE PM me. It's far easier that way, than going back through the thread to figure out who I've sent to and who I haven't. icon_razz.gif

Good luck to everyone! LOL I hope they have enough Kitchen Aids on hand! icon_smile.gif

DoniB Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 3:21pm
post #18 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyBaker

I would also like the site sent to me via PM please. Thank you Doni for sharing!

No problem! icon_smile.gif Hey, I know that some of us can't afford a KA, but might have time to spare (or at least, can make some for such a worthy cause!) And I know that there are a bunch of folks who enjoy playing these kinds of games anyhow... might as well get something for it, right? icon_smile.gif

DoniB Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 3:22pm
post #19 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

i love to play games...i love lovelove free stuff...please send me the link too??!!!

btw: what the heck is a zune?

It's Microsoft's answer to the iPod, I think. My hubby's is really nice... holds a TON of MP3s, two movies (full length!) and a video he won an award for in college last year. He's loving it. (and I got his old MP3 player, which is also very nice, so yay me!)

DoniB Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 3:24pm
post #20 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmoral

I am interested, please pm me the link. I belong to MYPOINTS too and get points for clicking on emails... My dh couldn't believe it and became a member himself!

I'm doing MYPOINTS, too! LOL Hey, right now, anything free is good. We've got two college folks in our house, so every little bit helps. And since we can't justify some of the 'luxury' items, I'm just as happy to play for them. icon_smile.gif

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:39am
post #21 of 55

Excellent for you! DON"T pm me the link- I spend toooo much time online anyway! icon_surprised.gif LOL

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 3:16am
post #22 of 55

can you pm me the info also. TIA

WV_Chell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WV_Chell Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 3:36pm
post #23 of 55

Would you please pm me the link? This sounds like fun!
Thanks in advance.

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 2:28pm
post #24 of 55

Thanks for the site, not only did my dh play all day yesterday, so did I until it said I had reached my limit of points for the day and to come back tomorrow. For once I out played my dh in computer games. Hey, am I suppose to be proud of staying on my computer all day. We don't usually have a do nothing Sunday, but we had been at the funeral home for the last two days for the entire day and were more worn out than going to work. So we stayed on our sofas and played on our laptops. Thanks again for the site.

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 3:28pm
post #25 of 55

could you PM me the link please -I love free stuff!

DoniB Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 4:56pm
post #26 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldbrou

Thanks for the site, not only did my dh play all day yesterday, so did I until it said I had reached my limit of points for the day and to come back tomorrow. For once I out played my dh in computer games. Hey, am I suppose to be proud of staying on my computer all day. We don't usually have a do nothing Sunday, but we had been at the funeral home for the last two days for the entire day and were more worn out than going to work. So we stayed on our sofas and played on our laptops. Thanks again for the site.

Very sorry to hear that you'd been at the funeral home. icon_sad.gif

But glad to know you're enjoying the site! If you keep playing like that, you'll have points adding up in no time. icon_smile.gif

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 7:58pm
post #27 of 55

I love gaming and this sounds too good to be true!! Please PM me too!!! I am so excitedicon_smile.gif

Sugarshock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarshock Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 4:01am
post #28 of 55

pm me the link, too, please. Thanks alot. icon_lol.gif

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 1:52pm
post #29 of 55

icon_eek.gif I want in. Please pm me with the link. icon_biggrin.gif

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:06pm
post #30 of 55

DoniB - thanks for the site. Good way to get airline miles! I played for about an hour and only had a few hundred points (the site is a bit addictive). You are my hero - don't know how you got to the number of points needed for a free KA!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%