Ot: Anyone From Jacksonville, Fl?

Decorating By angelbaby612 Updated 6 Aug 2008 , 3:13pm by angelbaby612

angelbaby612 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:01am
post #1 of 7

Hey ya'll. I have to travel to Jacksonville, FL for a few day next week for medical reasons. I have tried to look up attractions on the internet but I have not found much. If you are from there or have gone there, do you have any recommendations?

6 replies
Kahuna Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 7

Hi I live in Jax. Let's see the Landing downtown has some nice restraunts and is right on the river, If you can catch a Sun's game (AA Baseball) those are fun if you like baseball and can go for thirsty thursdays icon_wink.gif Of course the beach, there's a hotel call the Sea Turtle that's nice but really expensive. If you have kids there is Adventure Landing it's like a water park and the zoo is fun but it's soo hot right now I don't recomend that. I'll keep thinking and let you know if I come up with anything else. You could try going to the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce web site It's not a massive city so I'm struggliing to think of things. If you can make it to St. Augustine that's alot of fun too.

Parable Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 3:16pm
post #3 of 7

Well, if you are going to be here, JAX, on Sunday August 17th, you could join a bunch of fellow sugar artists at our monthly guild meeting. Here is the guild's website:

http://www.sagnfl.com/

We would love to have you and Kahuna visit with us!

BTW, hope everything goes well on the medical issues. I assume you are coming here to go to MAYO. Awesome, clinic and NOW hospital.

Kahuna Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 7

Man!!! I really want to go and have been meaning to. Every time it seems like something comes up. DH is in sales and everytime there is a meeting it guarentees he will have an appointment. We have a small child so someone has to be home. I will make it one of these days, don't give up on me!!

janelwaters Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 11:13pm
post #5 of 7

I live in St Augustine and it really is a lot of fun - just to walk around downtown is a blast. Its the First City (of the US) so there is a ton of historic buildings and attractions etc.

I go to Mayo also - actually just had a proceedure there yesterday! I agree completely - AWESOME CLINIC!

Good luck! Hope everything goes well - how long will you be here!

Lesia Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 2:41am
post #6 of 7

I live in Jax - but second St. Augustine for something fun to do. There's also an IMAX theatre at World Golf Village, if you're interested in something like that. Um.... can't think of much else. You might check www.jaxevents.com - and see if there's anything going on while you're in town. Have a safe trip!

angelbaby612 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:13pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for all of the input!! If we have time we will head to St. Augustine. Parable, thanks for the invitation. That sounds great but I don't plan on being over there that long. I don't know how the appointment at Mayo will go. Thanks again!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%