Carrot Cake Wedding Cake With Cream Cheese Filling?

Business By jmbanks Updated 5 Aug 2008 , 2:19am by VickiChicki

jmbanks Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:01am
post #1 of 6

I have a bride that wants the entire wedding cake to be carrot with cream cheese filling. I told her i didn't know if i could do that because it would need to be refridgerated and then it would "sweat". Am i right about that or is there a way. She doesn't want buttercream filling. Thanks in advance for any advice! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
jibbies Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:13am
post #2 of 6

I've never done an entire wedding cake carrot/cream cheese but I have had several with one tier that combo. I haven't had any problem with it sweating and since I do my cakes the night before if they are local then I don't put them in the fridge.
I usually remind my brides that not everyone may like her favorite flavor combo so I suggest that the tier they will cut and feed to each other be her favorite flavor and the other tiers have a wider appeal for example a tier of white cake filled with buttercream.
Usually the wedding cakes I do have a different flavor cake/filling for each tier.

all4cake Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:16am
post #3 of 6

There are shelf stable cream cheese icings available. Sam's club sells a bucket of refrigeration required. MOF, they sell cases of carrot cake layers as well.

So, yes, there is a way and I'm sure that's not the only way.

stephaniescakenj Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:17am
post #4 of 6

I made a 3 tier carrot cake for my best friends birthday this past weekend (I haven't posted the pic yet). I decorated/stacked the cake saturday, everything was cream cheese, refrigerated it until Sunday afternoon, then served it at the party and since then it's been sitting in a cake box in the dining room. I just had a piece after dinner tonight and it was perfectly fine. It didn't sweat at all and it hasn't spoiled over the last 24 hours while it sat on my dining room table.

mija10417 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:18am
post #5 of 6

My carrot cakes with cream cheese filling have always sat out for hours at parties. I'm talking 6-8 hours and they have been fine. And hae never sweat!

VickiChicki Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:19am
post #6 of 6

There may be people out there who disagree - but I have done a ton of carrot cakes with cream cheese filling and icing that were not refrigerated and served the next day with no "sickness" or "death" reports. I have even made cakes at home with cream cheese filling and icing and have eaten it several days later with no ill effects. They were in an air conditioned room of course. I think the sugar content is enough to offset any kind of "spoilage", but if there are experts out there to steer you in the proper direction - I bow down to their expertise. I am just telling you what I have experienced for myself.!

Quote by @%username% on %date%