Beatles Wedding Cake

Decorating By BabyBear3 Updated 15 Aug 2008 , 7:19pm by bwonderful

BabyBear3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyBear3 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:18am
post #1 of 13

The bride and groom have no idea what they want the cake to look like but have expressed that they love the beatles. they have told me to come up with some ideas and we'll get together to see what they like........not much help!

any ideas???

12 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:33am
post #2 of 13

How about some sillouettes on the side of the cake of them walking across Abby Road? Or the 4 of them on the "Help!" album (here's one I made for my daughter's birthday ... she got married on Lennon's birthday and had Beatles music played as part of her church-wedding music!): http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1157546

Fondant/gumpaste strawberries for "strawberry Fields Forever"?

A path around the cake paved in pennies for "Penny Lane".

"Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" could use those clear "nugget" things that you throw on the table around the cake for decor ... they kinda look like diamonds (ok, it's not my best idea!)

A lovey-dovey couple holding hands with the song "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" worked in the design.

Oh! OH! Oh! Get funky! Put all kinds of walrus's on the cake for "I am the Walrus!" (ok, ok, THAT'S not my best idea! icon_redface.gif )

Psychodelic decor for "All You Need Is Love".

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:36am
post #3 of 13

The White Album? icon_razz.gif It would save you lots of work! icon_biggrin.gif Just kidding of course!

Have you tried Googling images of the Beatles to see if there are any neat silhouettes or ideas?

Maybe the band member's silhouettes, some guitars/drums, some of the romantic song names piped on somewhere....
The big red Sgt. Pepper jacket? icon_wink.gif

I bet you will find a neat idea!

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:38am
post #4 of 13

Now, indydebi has some good ideas!

BabyBear3 Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 13

Thanks! I will keep you updated on how it turns out!

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 10:06pm
post #6 of 13

I love indydebs idea of the silouettes. Do an all white plain cake, and on the bottom tier have the silouettes. Very classic. If they want funky go with the psychadellic colors and flowers. You could also make the top tier a record. Or, you could do the whole tiered cake an ocean blue and have the yellow submarine on it, instead of the beatles inside waving, it could be the couple.
On the back of my wedding invitations I stamped "All we need is love"
My son also walked down to "Beautiful Boy" by Lennon. I cried my eyes out at the rehersal. So, during the actual ceremony I totally blocked out the song so I wouldn't loose it completely.
Many fun ideas for the cake though. I defenitly want to see it when your done.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 4:06pm
post #7 of 13

totally found this yesterday and LOVED IT!!!!

http://flickr.com/photos/46918977@N00/379713066

BabyBear3 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 8:13pm
post #8 of 13

wow!!!!!!!

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:41pm
post #9 of 13

we cut our cake to the song:

Imagine....our cake table was beatles themed....

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:58pm
post #10 of 13

What about white icing with white lettering puting the different Beatles songs in varying fonts and sizes all over the cake?

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 7:07pm
post #11 of 13

You could do a bunch of ideas around the cake on each tier. Then put the cake on a revolving stand.
I got my stand on ebay for 35 dollars and I have used it a million times whenever the cake has different takes and I want all sides to be seen.
Would work really good with the cake that ccr03 found!
Lu

Cakenator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenator Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 7:12pm
post #12 of 13

Here is a tiered Beatles Cake that I made, hope this helps.

Maybe if you asked them what songs are their favorites?
LL

bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 7:19pm
post #13 of 13

I would do one sketch where the couple is standing in a strawberry field on the top of the cake, holding hands, and dressed in the beatles style. Even put funky round glasses on the groom.

I would make it a more "normal" wedding cake using white icing and putting clumps of strawberries and strawberry flowers on each tiers base but then write across the cake, "All we need is Love" You could even do a drape going down as a piece of sheet music and have "all we need is love" wrote on there.

and of course, somewhere on the cake, hide a little yellow submarine.

I would present them with a sketch like that and then also with a really funky colorful sketch as well.

I hope my rambling makes sense.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%