Advice Please On Buying A Kitchen Aid

Decorating By marknelliesmum Updated 4 Aug 2008 , 11:13pm by sari66

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 2

Hi Folks
Just wondered if i could have some advice before buying. I have done a quick google for stockists etc and am a bit confused icon_confused.gif From what I can find there is only one machine on offer (UK) ( for baking purposes). I should have noted the model no. sorry icon_redface.gificon_cry.gif but they all have a 300 watt motor, 4.8l capacity, 10 speed and 3 attachments (dough hook, beater and whisk) yet the price varies by up to as much as £150 in the same shop just for a different colour. Does the colour really influence the price or am i missing something? I can see why you would pay more for brushed chrome (£150 more? icon_eek.gif ) but a red or blue is also way more expensive than a white/cream one. Anyway does this model sound ok and sufficient for hobby baking ( I am hoping to move to more serious stuff but not to set up a business). I know many of you have them but I thought there were different bowl capacities. Could someone please set me straight on this or if this is not what I should get please advise me of what to look for.

Thanks in anticipation
thumbs_up.gif

1 reply
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 2

yes, even here the color does affect the price, they do have higher wattage motors but if you're only doing hobby cakes then what you see there is fine but if you think that you may move into a business mode soon then get the 575 watts

hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%