Cheerleader And Football Player Cookies

Baking By maam1993 Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 5:43pm by carleen2140

maam1993 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maam1993 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 6

Which cookie cutter is best to make a cheerleader, the gingerbread girl or the teddy bear? I am using the teddy bear for the football player. If anyone has a suggestion on how to easily decorate the cookies, I would appreciate any help. This is my first try at decorating character cookies. Thanks for your assistance.

maam1993 icon_smile.gif

5 replies
mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:00am
post #2 of 6

I would use the gingerbread girl cutter, it has the little skirt on it. Good luck!

paddlegirl14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paddlegirl14 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:15am
post #3 of 6

Have you searched online for a cheerleader? I think I have seen one, but don't remember where. Might be worth a try, depending on your deadline.

southaustingirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southaustingirl Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 12:41pm
post #4 of 6

Cookies By Design uses the teddy bear for both the football player and the cheerleader.

Off The Beaten Path has a cheerleader cookie cutter (looks like sh is jumping in the air and holding pom poms).

maam1993 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maam1993 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I ordered the bear and the gingerbread boy and girl.

I'll check with Off the Beaten Path for the jumping cheerleader.

Thanks.

Maam1993

carleen2140 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carleen2140 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:43pm
post #6 of 6

I have the jumping cheerleader cutter and believe it's more work than it's worth. The arms are so narrow, that the weight of the pom poms break off the arms. Even with a thick cookie. This can happen at any point, either when your trying to release the dough from the cutter, transferring to a cooling rack, decorating, bagging or after transporting it. I even made extra cookies to be safe. It was so fustrating.
Afterwards, I bought a teddy bear and had no problem.

Carleen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%