akgirl10 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 6:20pm
post #1 of

I'm going to make cupcakes today to use up my yummy cream cheese filling leftover from this weekend's cake. The cake I made is chocolate, so I'd like to try something different. I saw a recipe below for strawberry cuppies that looks good, any other suggestions? TIA!

8 replies
Valli_War Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 7:55pm
post #2 of

With Cream cheese filling, carrot cupcakes, banana cupcakes go very good. So does strawberry. I think there is a recipe in the file for mounds cuppy with cream cheese filling. But it is with bettercream if I remember correctly. Check in the signature of this post for the link.

micnmax2003 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 8:27pm
post #3 of

I vote for a strawberry cuppie w/ cream cheese filling

cookiemookie Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 9:04pm
post #4 of

Ina Garten(Barefoot Contessa) has the best carrot cake cupcake recipe in her "Parties Cookbook".

They are the best ever. I substitute crushed pineapple for the raisins in it.

If you are interested, I can type it out later.

Red Velvet would be awesome also.

akgirl10 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 9:41pm
post #5 of

I'm interested in red velvet only because I've never tried it. Anyone have a good recipe?

HerBoudoir Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:28pm
post #6 of

While this might be more of a "winter" cupcake, I love gingerbread cupcakes with cream cheese frosting icon_smile.gif

akgirl10 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 4:08pm
post #7 of

Gingerbread, yum! Well, we are having a cold summer this year, so a winter cupcake would be very appropriate.

stillatulsagirl Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 5:06pm
post #8 of

Yep - completely agree with the ginger bread.

Kind of a variation on the theme... I get rave reviews on my spice cake stuffed with cream cheese. icon_smile.gif

akgirl10 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 5:55pm
post #9 of

Well I made red velvet and they flopped, so I didn't use up my filling. Today I'm going to make a buttermilk spice cake, hopefully with better results!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%