Am I On Target With This Price For A Cake? Just Wondering...

Business By countrycakes Updated 4 Aug 2008 , 4:22pm by countrycakes

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 5

icon_smile.gif I have a customer..actually a FAMILY member to my dh.....he has ordered a cake for his wife's surprise bday party......
It is going to be a 2 tiered cake, for 75 people. White fluffy, not smooth bc, doctored devil's food cake.....with 2 dozen white chocolate seashells painted with a little Gold LD.....around the cake in various spots.....also am using my Wilton Revolving Stand with a small lighthouse on top....a water theme thing.

I am charging $2/slice for this cake......therefore, $150 for the cake. Am I on target with my pricing? I also am delivering the cake also, but not charging for delivery, only because we are invited to the meal......a Seafood buffett supper......

Talk to me! Did I quote too much or too little?

4 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 5

I that's good to me. I know some people charge $3 and up, but I'm not one of those people so this is reasonable for me.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 5

I'd charge more than that for a non-family member, but you can tell him that you're giving him the family rate...

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 5

Sounds like a reasonable price.

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 4:22pm
post #5 of 5

icon_smile.gif Thanks for the help....he also does all our pc troubleshooting...so I am giving him a break. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%