My "inappropriate" Avatar And Ticker

Decorating By twooten173 Updated 5 Aug 2008 , 4:51am by Heath

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:24pm
post #121 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

Gosh, when I read the other thread I was beginning to wonder if everyone was disturbed by my "Children of the Corn" avatar.
<-----

Just kidding of course. (in an effort to lighten the mood)

Be for real - that is a stupid remark

Janette Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:26pm
post #122 of 204
Quote:

Gosh, when I read the other thread I was beginning to wonder if everyone was disturbed by my "Children of the Corn" avatar.
<-----

I'm sorry, I didn't read the just kidding part. I am truly, truly sorry. I am just so angered right now I can't hardly see streight. Not that I can see that well to begin with.

Now that I read your whole post it did bring my blood pressure down.

As I would normally say with a thread like this "Orange Juice".

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:29pm
post #123 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

Quote:

<-----

I'm sorry, I didn't read the just kidding part. I am truly, truly sorry. I am just so angered right now I can't hardly see streight. Not that I can see that well to begin with.

Now that I read your whole post it did bring my blood pressure down.

No problem. I have noticed twooten trying to somewhat lighten the mood and thought I'd give a nudge in that direction. It really meant nothing.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:31pm
post #124 of 204
Quote:

Low pulp?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:32pm
post #125 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

People did realize he was deceased.

Some people realized it..... I had no idea until I popped into the threads that were discussing it.

Janette Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:34pm
post #126 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYI95

THANK YOU JKALMAN...i think you took the words out of my mouth!!! do not blame her for your choiceto leave this site. Ignore and move on is what I say...Why is everyone saying its making them feel sad up untill today no one realized he was deceased...For me it just makes me thankful for the 4 that i have.....
Indydebi i know what you mean....

I think most people knew all along based on the signature line. Just no one was brave enough to speak up and face the CC wrath until yesterday.

That is just what happened. If the signature line wasn't there we wouldn't be having this conversation.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:34pm
post #127 of 204

I too am sorry for your loss!!! Thank the Lord I didn't see the previous thread, that would make me upset. I'm finding late in life I'm almost 54 that people grieve in different ways. Whatever it takes for that person to get through their sorrow so be it. When I saw the picture I thought what a sweet baby. Even after I found our the child was deceased he's still a sweet baby. Nothing wrong with his picture being there. I think it's a good thing actually for each time I see it I will say a prayer for you that God gives you added strength daily to be an overcomer in this trial of life.

Maybe it makes some nervouse for they don't have the strength that you have to endure this. I don't know , but I'm sure no one actually meant harm, I wouldn't want to think anyone to be that cruel to add more hurt to a Mother that must be devastated for her loss. I've seen other avatars that bothered me , but I'll not go there. Anyway, keep looking up!!! Your a strong person, stay that way.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:43pm
post #128 of 204
Quote:

Quote:

THANK YOU JKALMAN...i think you took the words out of my mouth!!! do not blame her for your choiceto leave this site. Ignore and move on is what I say...Why is everyone saying its making them feel sad up untill today no one realized he was deceased...For me it just makes me thankful for the 4 that i have.....

I think most people knew all along based on the signature line. Just no one was brave enough to speak up and face the CC wrath until yesterday.

I'd use a few words other than "brave" to describe bringing this up.

I do hope that anyone who is coming down on the side of wanting the avatars removed has never posted a religious avatar, bible or anti-religious quote, political avatar or ticker, offered to pray for someone without being sure of their faith, told someone waht the Christian or other faith based thing to do is without knowing faith, etc. Because all of that could make someone very uncomfortable. And complaining about what one person does that you don't like while you do something that others don't like has a term for it.

You could probably make an arguement that none of that belongs here and I'd probably agree with that. I added my signature because of all the bible quote and stuff, if both sides were removed it wouldn't hurt my feelings. But it is here and someone is going to be made unhappy by something no matter what the rules are regarding avatars and signatures.

It's also hard to tell people who only have pictures of stillborn children that they can't post their children when others can, it isn't like these ladies have any other pictures they could use instead.

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:46pm
post #129 of 204

Food for thought:

When our feelings have been hurt, "we want to talk about it to get advocates on our side". (author unknown)

You'll decide to forgive when you've decided you've had enough pain.
(author unknown)

Is your pride more important than your peace?

mmo88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmo88 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:46pm
post #130 of 204

Twooten, I have never ever before seen your avatar but, as soon as I saw it I realized what it was. For a moment there I felt I could not breathe and asked myself why is this person using this picture as an avatar, its something personal and it kind of bothered me. Then I read your comment and it opened my eyes. The picture of your precious baby was not what was really bothering me, what was bothering me and leaving me short of breath was that I was facing my biggest fear: the death of one my children. I have three children (27, 25 & 16 year old) and every morning when I wake up and every night before I fall asleep I ask God to keep them safe and healthy.
I understand that for a time there, life was very tough with you and a person has to be very strong to deal with all that and be able to face it. I'm sorry for your loss because I think that is the worst loss a person can suffer, cannot even begin to imagine how you feel. On the other hand, you have to understand that not everybody thinks the same way and, what makes some of them stronger will make others (like me) take a step back because as I said before it might represent our biggest fear.
I'm not judging you, just expressing my opinion as so many others have done. Hope you find the comfort you need and may your future bring you happiness because you deserve it after this rough time.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:51pm
post #131 of 204

twooten, I've been away for the past week and had no idea that something like this was going on and I'm sorry that this has happened.
When I first saw your avatar I just saw a sleeping baby then realised that it was a different type of sleep and I smiled because you have a beautiful angel watching everytime you log on here.
God bless you and I hope that your angel remains in place.

Janette Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:58pm
post #132 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

Quote:

Quote:

I'd use a few words other than "brave" to describe bringing this up.

I do hope that anyone who is coming down on the side of wanting the avatars removed has never posted a religious avatar, bible or anti-religious quote, political avatar or ticker, offered to pray for someone without being sure of their faith, told someone waht the Christian or other faith based thing to do is without knowing faith, etc. Because all of that could make someone very uncomfortable. And complaining about what one person does that you don't like while you do something that others don't like has a term for it.

You could probably make an arguement that none of that belongs here and I'd probably agree with that. I added my signature because of all the bible quote and stuff, if both sides were removed it wouldn't hurt my feelings. But it is here and someone is going to be made unhappy by something no matter what the rules are regarding avatars and signatures.

It's also hard to tell people who only have pictures of stillborn children that they can't post their children when others can, it isn't like these ladies have any other pictures they could use instead.

NO, I have not never posted anything religious or political, why? THIS ISN'T THE PLACE FOR IT!!!!! You don't think if I was a Satan worshiper and I put a picture of him and gave homage to him on my signature it wouldn't cause an up-roar. I seriously doubt if you would be at my defense.

No one is coming down on any other av so don't read more than what is in the post, it is only stirring the pot more.

I did not want to be pushed to say harsh things. Everyone has the right to greive the way they want but why force others into your grief.

Cake decorating is my therapy. I come here to get tips and ideas and if I get a laugh that's a double. But, do I want to come here to be sadden, no.

All of you think about what you are saying. No one wants to go on the attack of this greiving Mother. I was gracefully backing out until others had to put in their crude remarks.

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:04pm
post #133 of 204

I used to teach for a famous or infamous online university in their College of Education. After one particularly troubling class that I took at the last minute to help them out, I found the students still discussing the horrors of having to put up with some mentally retarded students being placed in a classroom once in a while. They thought it was the worst thing that could happen to them in their careers and others mentioned "they have tests for that so those type of kids don't even need to be born". Well, I told those students that every night and every morning they should get down on their knees and pray to whatever God they pray to or just be thankful they had healthy kids who were not mentally retarded. I think this is the same thing here, for those who have not sufferred any such loss, thank whatever God you pray to or just be thankful that you have not had to suffer this. In 1996, I was unmarried and the father was not particularly thrilled with the idea of this baby being born, when I lost my child at 6 months due to being hit by a drunk driver. On the otherhand no one thought to take a picture. I wish I had something to remember him by besides my memories.
As far as the removal of tag lines or avatars, I think each individual chooses their own. Some of us pick ones for different reasons. However, it's everyone's choice and while I said that perhaps I may lurk, why should I or why should anyone leave. Aren't we here to learn from each other, ask questions and to try to cheer each other up? Yes, there is some nastiness but ever live in an sorority house? Seriously, we're all supposed to be sisters but sometimes people buck horns. That doesn't mean we don't still care about the others. Again, JMHO.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:25pm
post #134 of 204
Quote:

NO, I have not never posted anything religious or political, why? THIS ISN'T THE PLACE FOR IT!!!!! You don't think if I was a Satan worshiper and I put a picture of him and gave homage to him on my signature it wouldn't cause an up-roar. I seriously doubt if you would be at my defense.

First I never said that YOU would do that, you're the only one protesting it that I know doesn't. I don't know if any of the people protesting over the avatar have, I've just said that I hope none of them have.

Second as far as religious/political avatars and signatures this IS a place for them. The rules on that only cover threads on those topics and even that rule isn't uniformly enforced. The avatars and such are our way of expressing ourselves without having religious debates.

Last please don't assume what I would or would not do. Personally I like Satanists and I would defend anyone who was attacked because their signature or avatar differed religiously from the majority on this site.

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:27pm
post #135 of 204

In my family and others, we take pictures of the deceased. It is not displayed, it is just remembrance.

I went to the Worlds Body Exhibit last year and they had an exhibit of different stages of fetuses. There was one that was 7 - 8 months developed. Was it heart-breaking? Yes. Does it make you count your blessings? Yes.

Maybe the picture hurts some but helps others.

And another note, it is unfortunate that others feel they have to leave because they cope with death differently. Some of the avatar comparisons are not the same. And we all have choices. We can choose to read or to post. We can choose another forum all together that doesn't have avatars or tag lines. I believe Wilton's forum is monitored and might be a good alternative for those that are offended by religious, political, cat ate my cake ...you get my point.

You also have the option of creating your own cake forum and you can spend the time to only allow post about cake and cake only.

I come to this site because there are different views. And if I choose to stop coming here, I will not make an announcement about it.

Cakenator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenator Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:46pm
post #136 of 204

If people want to leave over a picture of a child, then leave.

Yes, this is a cake decorating website but other topics come up too.

It was awful how this started on the original thread, I felt like I was in middle school again. Lets all pass notes (pm's) behind someones back instead of just talking to her about it.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever read on here and I hope everyone who is being rude to each other realizes how petty this all is.

ITS A PICTURE, get over it, OR don't look at it.

Janette Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:50pm
post #137 of 204

My so called "announcement" was for people that I have meant over the years, my way of saying "Bye". And you wouldn't make an "announcement" good for you, I chose to.

I thought about putting a new thread to say my goodbye but changed my mind.

People just couldn't let me leave they had to attack. There was no way I was not going to defend myself.

And in the past my family took pictures of the deceased and the first thing I did when my Mother died is throw them away.

I am not offended by religious or politcal av I just think it's inconsiderate and I do ignore them. What happen to the day people where just plain consideriate of how others feel.

There are so many av out there, kittens, puppies, cartoons. Why would you chose one that will cause all this hoopla. I am not talking about the baby av I am talking about religion and politics. I wonder sometimes if people do it because they want a reaction.

I guess I am not making myself clear enough. This is not about chosing to read a post or not read a post. This is about seeing a thread of interest and as you read it a picture of a dead baby pops up.

And that is just silly to suggest that I am looking for a "cake" only site. This is getting so off base.

Our main topic is cake. And there is a section for General discussion if you don't want to talk about cake.

You say grieving? I say goulish. I hate to put it that way but I've been pushed into a corner.

I don't think you needed to tell me there are other sites, that was just rude. I was going elsewhere but no it just couldn't be left alone.

Janette Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:57pm
post #138 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakenator

If people want to leave over a picture of a child, then leave.

Yes, this is a cake decorating website but other topics come up too.

It was awful how this started on the original thread, I felt like I was in middle school again. Lets all pass notes (pm's) behind someones back instead of just talking to her about it.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever read on here and I hope everyone who is being rude to each other realizes how petty this all is.

ITS A PICTURE, get over it, OR don't look at it.

This is not about a child's picture it's about a Dead Baby.

If you think this is stupidest thing you have ever heard here then I suggest you leave.

Cakenator Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:01am
post #139 of 204

So a deceased baby is no longer a baby? Harsh words.

I have a problem with people acting like this is an attack against them, that's the stupid part.

Plus, I thought you were leaving.

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:04am
post #140 of 204

You've made me change my mind.

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:06am
post #141 of 204

I am making an "announcement"

I'm not leaving, I have been convienced to stay.

Cakenator Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:09am
post #142 of 204

<----- was it my avatar that made you change your mind?

Welcome back!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:11am
post #143 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakenator

<----- was it my avatar that made you change your mind?

Welcome back!!! icon_biggrin.gif

I did want to tell you that I love it

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:11am
post #144 of 204

That is great to hear! (I'm not being sarcastic) I personally don't know you but don't want anyone to leave just because they have strong feelings against a topic. I didn't mean to be rude I was just expressing my opinion.

whatsittoya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatsittoya Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:12am
post #145 of 204

HHmmmmm......seems curious........this thread is still out here. It's of an excessive length. There's been abusive, nasty, offensive posts. Members feelings have been hurt. Everything that was noted to be criteria for locking or deleting a thread.

So where are the CENSORS on this one??????????????

Cakenator Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:13am
post #146 of 204

GROUP HUUUUUUGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_sad.gificon_cool.gificon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_cry.gificon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:13am
post #147 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by flg22275

That is great to hear! (I'm not being sarcastic) I personally don't know you but don't want anyone to leave just because they have strong feelings against a topic. I didn't mean to be rude I was just expressing my opinion.

You're not rude.

MeMo07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeMo07 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:15am
post #148 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsittoya

HHmmmmm......seems curious........this thread is still out here. It's of an excessive length. There's been abusive, nasty, offensive posts. Members feelings have been hurt. Everything that was noted to be criteria for locking or deleting a thread.

So where are the CENSORS on this one??????????????

Not sure...they're quick to lock or delete just about every other one out there.

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:15am
post #149 of 204

Someone always has to suggest locking a thread.

If we can have what ever av's we want why can't we have whatever thread we want.

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:17am
post #150 of 204

By the way the censors are on a coffee break

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%