My "inappropriate" Avatar And Ticker

Decorating By twooten173 Updated 5 Aug 2008 , 4:51am by Heath

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:21am
post #151 of 204

Hummm, no one here. I'm going on a coffee break too.

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:21am
post #152 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

Quote:
Originally Posted by flg22275

That is great to hear! (I'm not being sarcastic) I personally don't know you but don't want anyone to leave just because they have strong feelings against a topic. I didn't mean to be rude I was just expressing my opinion.

You're not rude.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:21am
post #153 of 204

What I still wonder about is why can't we agree to disagree and still love each other and move on? I hate to see anyone hurt on either side bad enough to leave. Lets get back to cake!!!! Forgive and FORGET.

Cakenator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenator Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:22am
post #154 of 204

I'm omnipresent

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:23am
post #155 of 204

my god, sometimes i'm ashamed to be a woman

has anyone noticed that not one of the guys amongst us has spoken up?

death is deep and so profound that it rocks you to your core. i've lost a brother in the line of duty, and now i've lost two babies before i ever got to even know them. i find myself steering conversations into areas that i know will lead to the mention of my brothers name...why? because to say his name makes him real again...makes him part of my everyday world...makes him seem like it's not been 9 years since i kissed him goodbye and thought all was right with my world. god help me, god forgive me, but i need the simple mention to feel better. that does not make me a bad person or even inconsiderate.

i find that i can discuss it more when i am sitting in front of my keyboard with no one to see my tears. i am the strong one in my family, but the anonymity of my computer allows me some release. as stated before by other posters, if you do not like the content, please click out of it. yes this is a cake board first and foremost, but it is also a faceless window that i can type my thoughts, and hopefully see a bit of my reflection staring back.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:27am
post #156 of 204

After 10 pages I wonder if anyone really cares about my opinion, but I will post anyway, since I cannot stop thinking about this thread.

Quote:

What happen to the day people where just plain consideriate of how others feel.

You say grieving? I say goulish. .

With all due respect, it doesn't seem as if that comment is considerate of the OP's feelings.

And frankly, if you (and I mean a general you, not you personally Janette) are bothered by anyone's avatar or signature line or quote or whatever, move past it for heaven's sake. I am not a religious person and frankly it irritates me to read all the bible quotes that are on here. BUT I would not for one second ask someone to remove it. Honestly, unless it is of a sexually offensive nature, then it is no one's place to ask someone to change it. Something offends you, well that is the world we live in. Move on.

Stepping off my soapbox now

Cakenator Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:31am
post #157 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbycathy

After 10 pages I wonder if anyone really cares about my opinion, but I will post anyway, since I cannot stop thinking about this thread.

Quote:

What happen to the day people where just plain consideriate of how others feel.

You say grieving? I say goulish. .

With all due respect, it doesn't seem as if that comment is considerate of the OP's feelings.

And frankly, if you (and I mean a general you, not you personally Janette) are bothered by anyone's avatar or signature line or quote or whatever, move past it for heaven's sake. I am not a religious person and frankly it irritates me to read all the bible quotes that are on here. BUT I would not for one second ask someone to remove it. Honestly, unless it is of a sexually offensive nature, then it is no one's place to ask someone to change it. Something offends you, well that is the world we live in. Move on.

Stepping off my soapbox now

Amen!!! oops... uhh.... ditto!!!!

Bohnlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bohnlo Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:39am
post #158 of 204

I wasn't going to add to thread, but it has been on my mind for days now. I did not realize that the avatar was of a child that had passed, because that is how my daughter looked when she was born. She also had the cord wrapped around her neck, but by some miracle they were able to deliver her quickly and cut the cord and start oxygen and today she is a vibrant beautiful 16 year old. I still see the avatar as I did then, a picture of a peaceful beautiful baby. No one should tell her to take down this precious picture. To Twooten, I am so sorry that this even became a topic of discussion. May God be with you and bring many blessings your way. I think of you daily since I read this thread, and look at my daughter with a renewed sense of what a blessing a child is. To those that find it inappropriate, I hope you now understand the meaning that goes with the picture. Enough said.

whatsittoya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatsittoya Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:41am
post #159 of 204
Quote:

Someone always has to suggest locking a thread.

If we can have what ever av's we want why can't we have whatever thread we want.

This is a place to primarily discuss all things cake decorating related, but when you have this many people there is always going to discussions on other topics. That is why there is a "Lounge" or the "General" category. Some people find it easier to talk to "strangers" about personal issues than with their own family and friends. It can be very comforting.

On the other hand it is also a place to enjoy a little wit and giggles. If we have to constantly watch every little thing we say, then this forum is useless. In real life there is conflict and everyone picks sides. In real life people make fun of politics, religion, and everyday life. Everyone needs to take a chill pill and remember you don't have to agree with everyone, you don't have to laugh at everything, you don't have to continue following a thread if it's taking a tone you don't like or find offensive. AND if you do find it offending, you DON'T have to make an offensive post OR hit the "BAD POST" button a thousand times just because you don't like it. There might actually be some people who are enjoying the thread. That whole scenario reminds me of the child who is playing with a bunch of other kids and sharing their ball. Everything is fine until the friends want to start changing the rules a little bit, the one who brought their ball to share doesn't agree, feels offended and grabs their ball and goes home to leave the friends with no ball and wondering why the fun had to stop.

Everyone needs to get a grip and STOP BEING SO FLIPPIN' THIN SKINNED AND HYPOCRITICAL. Get a life and let others enjoy theirs.

ok...I've said my piece. And I'm sure I'll be bashed and harassed. But I'm a big girl and I can handle it.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:45am
post #160 of 204

I think this topic has been discussed too much already. Still, here's my two cents...

Here's something I was thinking about today, though...in April of 07 one of my closest friends lost a baby boy. All the tests had been normal and we were so excited when she went into labor. A group of us got together and cleaned up her house and set up the crib and filled up her fridge that night, waiting for news of the baby. The next day we found out that the baby's brain had quit developing in the 3rd trimester. He was born alive, but in a coma that he would never wake from, and his parents had to make the heartbreaking decision not to put him on any sort of life support, and to wait in the hospital, just holding him, waiting almost a week for him to die. I have a picture of him that they took soon after he was born. He was perfect in every way.

This is what I was thinking...he lingered long enough that his parents were able to take photos of him alive. They look just like the newborn pictures we all have of our babies. If someone put up one of those newborn pictures, we'd all admire the baby, whether the baby was currently alive or not. I cherish the photo of my friend's baby, because she had a heart big enough to show me his picture, even though losing him ripped holes in her that still haven't healed.

I think Twooten posted her baby's picture in the same spirit...she wanted to share with her friends here. She didn't get to take pictures of Taylor before he passed away...should she be punished for that?

Molliebird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molliebird Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:50am
post #161 of 204

My thoughts and prayers are for Taylor, Olivia and their families. May God bless all of you!

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:51am
post #162 of 204

I didn't even know there was a bad post button, not that I would ever use it.

I may have made offensive post but they started it. I was going on down the road and 'bam' I was slammed. And me being me I just had to turn around and defend myself.

Ok, I'm giving up. I could talk till Doom's Day (which I'm sure is around the corner) and no one gets it.

Cakenator Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:53am
post #163 of 204

Can't we all just agree to disagree....

Love the poop avatar Janette!

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:54am
post #164 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakenator

Can't we all just agree to disagree....

Love the poop avatar Janette!

I knew you would, that's why I did it icon_wink.gif

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:55am
post #165 of 204

Janette, I think that's one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life. What a hoot! icon_biggrin.gif
Cakenator, is that the devil from that old food commercial? He's funny too.

Cakenator Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:56am
post #166 of 204

Are you calling me a piece of Cr@p?

Not veryyyy niiiice!

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:57am
post #167 of 204

By the way Whats, I was the kid with the Ball

Cakenator Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:57am
post #168 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrig007

Janette, I think that's one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life. What a hoot! icon_biggrin.gif
Cakenator, is that the devil from that old food commercial? He's funny too.

Food commercial? Nope... Thats me!

Actually, I have no idea where it came from, I googled SATAN and that was the funniest one.

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:58am
post #169 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakenator

Are you calling me a piece of Cr@p?

Not veryyyy niiiice!

Nooooo, I just knew you would enjoy it

Amanda518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amanda518 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:01am
post #170 of 204

I am amazed at how far this has gone..

I have to agree with a lot of people on if it had been something of a religious background this would never have came up and I think it is pretty immature of people to get so worked up over a picture of her son who had passed.. So what if is a dead baby as someone else referred to to him as.(which I do not agree with saying) He is still her child and she has the right to do what ever she wants with his pictures.. I see lots of religious signatures and avatars but I do not say anythings I see avatars not so religious and I still do not say anything... we have a section on here of cakes with dicks and cum coming out of them and people having sex on cakes but that is not considered distasteful???????Really people get over it .... I really do not understand, her photo is not of a baby with tubes and blood it is a graceful picture of a child that his no longer here.

There are far worse things in this world then the picture of a baby that has passed.. Maybe you should focus your attention to something more productive.. and stop worrying about what someones picture is we all have picture for some reason..

Cakenator Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:03am
post #171 of 204

Twooten-

As I said before you are an amazing lady... Don't you dare take your avatar picture down, your son is beautiful.

I hope I stood up for you a little, a while back you did the same for me. I don't know if you realized it though.

I hope everyone has a great night!!!

Zooie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zooie Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:04am
post #172 of 204

It's hard to read through these posts, be able to see both sides of the coin and see both sides getting slammed. I went through a period of depression in my life, and it was the hardest time I've ever had to cope with.

I've never personally dealt with the loss of a new born, but my best friend had to go through two.

I have had to deal with the death of my mother, and I've known what it is like for people to push everything internally. It's what caused my sisters and I to go 10+ years without knowing why she died. Because my relatives didn't want to talk about it. They still don't.

I do. They change the subject. It frustrates me. But it's their choice.

On the flip side, going through depression is like being stuck in a room with doors that have no handles on the inside and a light switch you can't control. You may have brief reprieves when someone (or something) opens the door, or you may have moments where the lighting in the room is turned even darker by someone (or something) that you have to face. It's a hard thing to get out of.

The unfortunate part about this whole thing...

There is no middle ground in this situation. There is no way to appease both sides.

And neither side deserves to be told they are wrong. They are simply two different situations. And I feel for them both.

Twooten, I think your baby is beautiful and though it pains my heart to know you didn't get to have him as a part of your life longer, I do enjoy seeing his picture in your avatar.

Janette, I'm glad you've decided not to leave. I personally thought your original post was well worded and in no way an attempt to belittle the view point of anyone else. You were just trying to help others understand how it may be effecting other people, that's all.

I see both sides. I ache for both sides. I send my love to you both.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:09am
post #173 of 204

Janette-you've stood up for me in the past, when no one else did, and I loved you for it! Don't leave. I greatly disagree with you here, but we still want you around.

Although, I have noticed recently that CC has become a pretty mean spirited place. I'm not too happy with that.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:11am
post #174 of 204

I am assuming I am one of the ones that you were all up in a roar about janette?? I'm sorry if you took it as me flipping on you. I was just thinking while I was reading your good bye post (glad you are staying btw and I guess if me ticking you off had any part in you staying then I guess I'm glad I did) that they might feel bad for making you leave since you said it was because of their children's pictures. This thread is very heated and is making us all react quite strongly.. I think it's quite obvious that we are on opposite sides of the coin and I didn't mean to offend you on a personal level so please don't send me any ESP curse words.. icon_biggrin.gif

I am truely glad that you are staying.. I hate to lose any members.. especially one like you who contributes so much.

Truce?

I like your crap too.. icon_wink.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:13am
post #175 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda518

I really do not understand, her photo is not of a baby with tubes and blood it is a graceful picture of a child that his no longer here.

It's true that the photo is very peaceful...the photos of my oldest in NICU with tubes and wires everwhere and her chest sunken way in while she tried to breathe are much more graphic. The photos of my younger daughter right after she came out, covered in blood from my c-section, are more graphic too.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:23am
post #176 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda518

I really do not understand, her photo is not of a baby with tubes and blood it is a graceful picture of a child that his no longer here.

It's true that the photo is very peaceful...the photos of my oldest in NICU with tubes and wires everwhere and her chest sunken way in while she tried to breathe are much more graphic. The photos of my younger daughter right after she came out, covered in blood from my c-section, are more graphic too.

Yes, the pictures of my children being born (also via c section) are more graphic than this. Faces squinched up, bloody, etc.
I've seen that Avatar so many times, and never thought a thing of it. I don't usually read sig lines, so that it most likely why, but it never really occured to me that the baby had passed.
I just don't understand what the big deal is. It's still a baby. Just a sweet, innocent, perfect child.

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:32am
post #177 of 204

Zooie,

Your post is the most intelligent one by far.

My first post was civil and I tried to get others to see it a different side. People are not trying to be mean about it, it is just so disturbing. I wish there was a way to view threads without running across those pictures.

They are both Beatuiful babies. When I see them I see it as a great unjust. So many unwanted babies in the world that end up starving to death and here you have two babies that would have been loved and cared for, so cruel.

The first thing I think of when seeing one of these pictures is a woman in Africa that was buring three grapefruits to feed her children later. The other members of the village would steal them if she didn't. And that is all the food she had for days to come.

Her children survivied only to live in such hardship.

Everything would have just went smooth today if members would have let me leave peacefully. I went from being sadden to livid until I had to make light because there was no where else to go except crazy. I can not walk away when someone has offended me, my instict is to fight back.

Every member of my family (minus DH and children) have died. I have had more grief than I could hold and they may be why I went over the edge. I can't really say which death was the worse, maybe it was my Mother's suicide. Of course I had to blame myself that was only natural.

Here I go, don't we all have a hardship story.

I guess what I wanted to say is that I have seen so much death in my life time I just wished I didn't need to see it on a web-site that I enjoy so much.

The world is dark and ugly I try to find an escape and this has been one of them. Like I said I have meant so many nice people here. When I start feeling like life sucks big time I usually can come here and get a laugh and feel so much better about the world.

It's even funny when people have a cake fight over a cat eating cake.

When I see those Beautiful babies I only think what a crappy world we live in and it saddens me so.

I don't know if this comes across the wrong way but I would never do something to ease my pain by making someone else feel sad.

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:34am
post #178 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Janette-you've stood up for me in the past, when no one else did, and I loved you for it! Don't leave. I greatly disagree with you here, but we still want you around.

Although, I have noticed recently that CC has become a pretty mean spirited place. I'm not too happy with that.

Thanks a lot, I made it this far and it took your post to make me cry. My heart is touched. There is a small ray of light in the darkness after all.

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:35am
post #179 of 204

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby, I agree, he's a beautiful baby. Out of 5 pregnancies, I've only brought home 3 kids, I only wish I had had a picture of my other 2 kids, they won't ever be far from my mind, or my heart. And I think him being with you on here is great, and who cares what other negative people think. You seem like an amazingly strong woman.

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:40am
post #180 of 204

KIDS.....should'nt you all be in the kitchen doing something constructive!!! Way to much time on your hands on a monday!!!
We all have our opinions and we all choose how we share them.

Now....I think Twooten must be just reading all this and shaking her head.
For her I have to say I never saw your avatar until today....when I clicked in. I thought your little angel might have been made out of modeling choc and marzipan.
But I see now I was wrong. I'm over it....I'm wrong alot!!!

Now....for the rest of you... get back to the kitchen this has gotton way out of hand!!!Jeesh!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%