This Is Why I Love Weddings...

Business By Chef_Stef Updated 5 Aug 2008 , 8:41pm by pinklesley1

Chef_Stef Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 10:51pm
post #1 of 11

We always hear horror stories about bad feedback, and often we don't hear back from brides at all, but sometimes we do get great feedback (even a year later), so I had to share this one. Her cake is in my pics; a dark chocolate fondant, 2-tier squares with orange/red flowers:

"Hi Stefanie--
I have been meaning to email you for awhile now to thank you for the wonderful wedding cake you made for us last September. Our wedding cake turned out better than we could have imagined, both in how it looked and in how it tasted. To this day our guests are still commenting on our amazing cake! Thank you for making our wedding cake something we will never forget!"

awwww......*sniff*.....I'm getting all vaklempt. icon_biggrin.gif

She's actually ordering two anniversary cakes, because they want to have both flavors again.

It's brides like her that keep me loving to do weddings, and keep me feeling better about my work, since all I usually "see" is the faults.

10 replies
mommicakes Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 11

Those kind of brides make it all so worth it!!! I have gotten a few myself. That feeling is the best. icon_biggrin.gif

weirkd Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 11

Yep, I think that is the "rush" you get from doing cakes. Seeing people's faces light up and ooh and awe over it And then the nice thank you cards to boot! icon_smile.gif

imakecakes Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 11

Congrats! It's validation like that that gets all of us hooked!

Even what we consider our "Worst ever" cakes are met with awe by the recipient. How can that not be fun?????

Thank you for a such positive post!

mom2spunkynbug Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 11:43pm
post #5 of 11

Aw, how sweet! A lovely thank you note is better late than never! And since I just started doing this, maybe I should wait a while before I get one? lol

Thanks for sharing!! icon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 12:10am
post #6 of 11

Slap that testimonial on your website!! And hang a copy in your kitchen so you'll always have a pick-me-up when you get the phone call that is a PITA bride!

Congrats on a well deserved compliment!

Chef_Stef Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 6:00am
post #7 of 11

Oh yes...it's going on the website tomorrow beside her cake pic, first thing! I think those are so helpful for new brides to read!

It's been fun to be in touch with some of last year's brides in their first year, for anniversary cakes this summer; they've all been very sweet.

g'nite

PJ37 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 6:15am
post #8 of 11

How nice!...and your cake is lovely!

pinklesley1 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 6:31am
post #9 of 11

i had a wonderful email the other day.. and it was for a small cake... a nail poish bottle for 17 people.. and this was that she wrote...

"Lesley,
I just wanted to e-mail and say Thank You for such an awesome cake. it was the talk of the party. Not only was it gorgeous but is was one of the most delicious, moistest cakes I have ever had. My guests could not get over how delicious it was either. I will certainly give your name and number to everyone that needs a cake. My son would like you to do his birthday cake(His birthday is August 23) so I will be in touch soon. Again, Thank you sooo much, Carey and Katie"

it was so awesome to get an email like that.. sometimes i do cakes much bigger than these and never get any feedback... i love getting these kinds of emails...

poshcakedesigns Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 6:26pm
post #10 of 11

ahhh how nice. I just love those customers who take the time to comment something nice. Definetly a motivator.

pinklesley1 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:41pm
post #11 of 11

yeah i know.. its funny because i got another email today from a wedding cake that i did on july 19th... she was super nice...

i have since put up a customer feedback page on my website...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%