Last Minute Brazt Cake Order. Will This Work?

Decorating By ArtieTs Updated 3 Aug 2008 , 10:50pm by lecrn

ArtieTs Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone,

I just got a order for a Bratz cake & it's too late to order figures & get them before Saturday. I do not have access to an edible image to make images of the charaters, so I was thinking about just taking the cut-outs and getting them laminated & attatching to lolli sticks & inserting into the cake. Any other suggestions? Or are they any short cuts to making an edible image??? Thanks.

6 replies
poshcakedesigns Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 7

Hi you can always make a buttercream icing plaque (the instructions for this are in the article section on cake central.)

WM prints edible images for around $10 but not sure if they will sell a Bratz image since it's a licensed image.

I have printed images and laminated them and put them on cakes - just seal it really well so that the icing doesn't bleed through.

tcbalgord Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 7

Maybe try a frozen buttercream transfer......there is an article on here that explains how.

ArtieTs Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the info, I'll check the buttercream image link. I wanted to keep the 3D effect as if I had the figures, so I'll play around with laminated cut-outs tomorrow to see that will work also. thumbs_up.gif

Sweet-Dreams Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 9:44pm
post #5 of 7

Or you could make chocolate transfers for the characters. I'm not up to par with some of the other cake decorators on CC, but even a newbie like me found them easy to make (they're on my pooh cake)! I used the tutorial on this site and didn't have any problems!

KoryAK Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 10:17pm
post #6 of 7

Safeway does EIs too for $10. You could place one of those on a cut-to-fit chocolate plaque that would be able to stand up.

lecrn Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 10:50pm
post #7 of 7

I've done a choc. transfer Bratz cake (in my photos). I think choc. transfers are pretty easy & impressive. Plus you have the added bonus of something "extra" to eat. If you want a more 3-D look, you could stick them on the sides of the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%