How Many Mixes Do I Need And Anyone Use The Wilton Tailored

Decorating By JavaJunkieChrissy Updated 5 Aug 2008 , 2:49am by paulstonia

JavaJunkieChrissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JavaJunkieChrissy Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 7:05pm
post #1 of 5

Hey ladies,

I'm sitting here trying to figure this out. I swear I use to be able to give a good guess at this and lately I'm slippin'.

This weekend I have a wedding cake. The pans are 14, 10, and 6 rounds....I'm not sure if I'll use the 2 or 3 inch sides...I'm still figuring that one out. But...how many mixes should I have on hand for that many cakes???

Also.....does anyone have any experience with the Wilton Tailored Tiers Cake Display. This will be the first time I'm using it and if you've had any experience with it I'd appreciate you telling me about it.

TIA,

Chrissy

4 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 5

14, 10, and 6in 2, layers 2 inches high each. I would have at least 7 cake mixes on hand more like 10 in case something goes wrong and i have to re bake, then at least i'm not running to the store.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 1:11am
post #3 of 5

Each 14"x2" round pan holds 2 cake mixes
Each 10x2" round pan holds one cake mix
Each 6"x2" round pan holds about 1/3 cake mix.

JavaJunkieChrissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JavaJunkieChrissy Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:11am
post #4 of 5

icon_biggrin.gif THANK YOU !!!!

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:49am
post #5 of 5

I used the wilton tailored tiers cake display for my sons wedding cake. It was my first and only wedding cake so far,and the reason for what seems to be my obsession for now ( my family swears I have become obsessed with cake!) It was very simple to use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%