Champaigne Cake

Baking By Karema Updated 4 Aug 2008 , 12:39am by MaxTRexmom

Karema Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 3

Does anyone have a good recipe for champaigne cake and Icing for a wedding cake? TIA

2 replies
leah_s Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 3

I just use my white cake recipe and sub champagne for the liquid. I also throw in dry milk powder to make up for the richness I lose by not actually adding milk.

To sub for milk, add 1/3 cup dry milk powder for each cup of milk called for inthe recipe and the same amount of champagne. Stir the champagne a bit prior to adding it to decrease the bubbles. And you can put a little (little) less batter in the pan, as the champagne will add some lift.

MaxTRexmom Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 12:39am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

I just use my white cake recipe and sub champagne for the liquid. I also throw in dry milk powder to make up for the richness I lose by not actually adding milk.

To sub for milk, add 1/3 cup dry milk powder for each cup of milk called for inthe recipe and the same amount of champagne. Stir the champagne a bit prior to adding it to decrease the bubbles. And you can put a little (little) less batter in the pan, as the champagne will add some lift.

That sounds great! I always just add the champagne flavor oil but I'll have to try that...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%