Need An Idea

Decorating By fabfour Updated 3 Aug 2008 , 9:18pm by Homemade-Goodies

fabfour Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 4

Next week I'll be doing 2 cupcake cakes. I have an idea for one but not the other.

In June my dad went in the hospital for surgery on his carotid, he ended up having a stroke during surgery. He has been in the hospital ever since, in therapy. After 7 weeks, we got the word his is going HOME! He is doing so great. One of the doctors said that the kind of stroke he had, he should be a nursing home candiate. BUT he is walking on his own, with guidance (for safety) he can talk just fine, and his is regaining some feeling in his arm.

Well, we are going to get him on Thursday (he is 2 hours away). I am taking 2 seperate cupcake cakes, one for the nurses and one for the therapist. They have been incredible to him. The one for the nurses, I'm going to decorate it with mmf nursing hat, band-aids and things like that. I am at a loss on how to decoate the one for the therapist. Does anyone have any thoughts????

Thanks
Missy

3 replies
peg818 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 4

Therapist, crutches, wheel chair, hot packs, cane, walker.

The easiest would be a hot pack with a cane or crutches. Or maybe even a cast.

marknelliesmum Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 4

Missy I don't really have any ideas - (my brain is a bit fried at the moment as i'm trying to do a 10,000 word thesis and all the guff that goes along with it - unfortunately nothing to do with cakes!) and i just popped in for...well no reason except i'm trying to avoid the thesis.
Anyway just wanted to say how pleased i am that your dad is on the mend I'm glad after such a worrying time he's on his way home.

I'm sure whatever you do will be fab!

Homemade-Goodies Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 4

Yes, I'm so glad that your father is doing so well so relatively soon after the stroke happened...good news for your family, and father!

As for the therapist cake, maybe a 'professional' in center with quote bubbles around him/her with all the encouraging words they say to patients? "Go for it!" "You can do it!" "Push yourself"...those kind of phrases. They do work!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%