Money Cake

Decorating By Meemawfish Updated 9 Aug 2008 , 1:10am by Meemawfish

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 6

Can someone please tell me what is the best way to put Money (bills) on top of a cake? I was thinking of using the book cake pan and cutting it down to give the bills the wavy look if that makes any sense. If I do that do I trace the picture on the bills or what? Thanks for all the help. icon_eek.gif

5 replies
miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 7:08am
post #2 of 6

Wow, that is a tough one, the only way that I think (unless you are an artist) is using an edible image for the bills otherwise they are going to look funky and weird but if you don't want them to be perfect just make them with edible markers free hand on top of the dried fondant or GP. Good luck on this one! icon_razz.gif

Meemawfish Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks Miny,

I use only buttercream. I can't get my family to eat fondant so I guess I'll just try to free hand it. icon_biggrin.gif

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 8:22am
post #4 of 6

WOOOWWWW, icon_surprised.gif that's even harder to do!, you are a brave girl, icon_eek.gif I wish you the best and please don't forget to post a pic icon_smile.gif

cakehelp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakehelp Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 8:51am
post #5 of 6

Good luck to you, money sounds hard to do!
There was a thread here recently discussing putting real money on the cake. I guess you don't want that, but there might be some ideas there you can still use.
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-597020-real.html+money

Meemawfish Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:10am
post #6 of 6

Thanks ladies,

I made the cake today and what I did was I made a sheet cake with strawberry cake and Mixed the nutella Chocolate with hazelnut in my buttercream icing.I also used one of the Wilton small book pans and made it strawberry also. I cut it into 3 to make the money then iced it with green icing and used the silver balls to make a $ sign on each bill. I then used the same green to make a shell border and sprinkled edible glitter on it. I think it looks pretty good. I will post a picture of it as soon as I figured out how to. Thanks for all the help. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%